Interstellar Teaser

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
to watch or not to watch

that is the question my dears

Law wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I was truly expecting a teaser like Inception.
The teaser for Inception had no dialogue and barely showed any footage. Sounds a lot like this one.
But from what Dragon posted
it'll mostly be archival footage, with McConaughey narrating, with little footage. But I don't think what he said would make up 1:42 minutes.

radewart wrote:Most people were thinking this would be more than a teaser with the almost two minute length. Kinda disappointing. People on twitter will bitch.
By now a lot of the 'real,' 'no effects' stunts and action scenes will have been filmed. Surely some of these should be in the teaser trailer. Granted, the wormhole and spaceships effects are probably all yet to be done, but there must be some juicy scenes already.

Forum Pro
Law
BlairCo wrote:
Law wrote:
BlairCo wrote:I was truly expecting a teaser like Inception.
The teaser for Inception had no dialogue and barely showed any footage. Sounds a lot like this one.
But from what Dragon posted
it'll mostly be archival footage, with McConaughey narrating, with little footage. But I don't think what he said would make up 1:42 minutes.
Whose to say that source is reliable? Granted it might be but they've been filming since August and have had plenty of time to piece together a trailer. At 1:42, it's hard to believe it's going to be stock footage with a little narration.

Honestly, I'd just like to get a basic "feel" for the movie, if that makes any sense. I'd like to see Hoytema's lighting and the general tone of the film.

The supposed 'stock footage' may actually be a couple of filmed shots that won't make the final cut, very much like the unused shots in the Inception teaser.

Forum Pro
Law
I think people are forgetting that Christopher Nolan shot this film with a motherfucking IMAX camera attached to a jet, I doubt we'll be seeing any "stock" footage

I would say the stock footage is maybe 50-60% of the teaser. From memory some of the shots are
Dust bowl, Breaking the Sound Barrier, Gemini, Apollo moon lander, Walter Cronkite, the Space Shuttle
, There are no big effects shots. I think the narration, the music, the tone of it don't say big budget Hollywood action movie... it's more epic adventure is on the horizon. I'll be interested to see what other people think starting tomorrow night.

Rgeorge wrote:I would say the stock footage is maybe 50-60% of the teaser. From memory some of the shots are
Dust bowl, Breaking the Sound Barrier, Gemini, Apollo moon lander, Walter Cronkite, the Space Shuttle
, There are no big effects shots. I think the narration, the music, the tone of it don't say big budget Hollywood action movie... it's more epic adventure is on the horizon. I'll be interested to see what other people think starting tomorrow night.
Does the music sound anything like Zimmer?

Also, how does it look visually compared to previous Nolan films? Can you tell that it's a different cinematographer?

EDIT: damn! he's gone again; just as mysteriously as he came..