Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Lord Shade had mentioned that there are 3 basic musical themes: the teaser music, Trailer 5's music, and a third, darker theme. Could this be part of the third one?

That track was eh...

stoifics42 wrote:Lord Shade had mentioned that there are 3 basic musical themes: the teaser music, Trailer 5's music, and a third, darker theme. Could this be part of the third one?
Yes. It's derived from the short piano line that opens the teaser cue.

It kicks ass.

Good track. But very weird and strange indeed. And quite haunting.

It's a little jarring initially but the blasts of the church organ are a pretty sinister sounding alternative to the classic Zimmer-Nolan "BWAAAAAAAH!"

The first 2 min reminds me of 2001 and the monlith when they are taking the pictures of it.....or of when they are jumping out of the plane in Godzilla

Wow. Incredible. I like. Thanks, man.

Oh my God that track gave me chills!!

JPiercey21 wrote:The first 2 min reminds me of 2001 and the monlith when they are taking the pictures of it.....or of when they are jumping out of the plane in Godzilla
That's because both of those scenes use the same remarkably eerie but sublime piece by Ligeti, a piece that has served as the model for decades of "ominous wailing choir" stuff in scores and trailers. I like how it's done here though.

Interestingggg.... :think: