Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
Study time will never feel the same again. :lol:

swishbig wrote:Sad that there's no docking scene track... just like there's no (spoiler for Gone Girl below)
track for the scene in Gone Girl where Amy slits Desi's throat. Consummation is close, but the actual track used in that scene was slightly different...but I digress.
Why they gotta do this to us???
Isn't that scene right towards the end of "At Risk"?

http://youtu.be/yVy70T5I8iU?t=9m33s

brickarts295 wrote:Study time will never feel the same again. :lol:
Brand: What are you doing?
Coop: Studying.

MiracleSleeper2 wrote:
brickarts295 wrote:Study time will never feel the same again. :lol:
Brand: What are you doing?
Coop: Studying.
Passing the test is impossible.
No. It's necessary.
This is no time for caution...

I like that they got the actors to recite 'Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night'. Really fitting that MacKenzie Foy did the ending. Missing Michael Caine & Anne Hathway though

I think Stay has got to be my favorite track by far, accompanied by a wonderful scene in the movie. Completely encompasses the feelings of utter sadness Coop feels while he desperately tries to say goodbye to a bitter Murph. Then, as Cooper is zooming away, the melody peaks to an extraordinary whirlwind of wonder and excitement. I remember sitting in the theater just shaking with mixed emotions of anticipation and anxiety. For the first hour, we had gotten to know this simple farmer and his family, but NOW...now he's plunging headfirst into the limitless abyss of outer space, and bringing us along for the ride! We don't know what's ahead, but we are ready to take the journey with him. Give us a countdown, TARS!

If someone who pre-ordered the Star version gets the Z+ tracks, I'd like to know if the Docking theme is in them.

Falafel Guy wrote:
swishbig wrote:Sad that there's no docking scene track... just like there's no (spoiler for Gone Girl below)
track for the scene in Gone Girl where Amy slits Desi's throat. Consummation is close, but the actual track used in that scene was slightly different...but I digress.
Why they gotta do this to us???
Isn't that scene right towards the end of "At Risk"?

http://youtu.be/yVy70T5I8iU?t=9m33s
Oh wow! It is! When I listened to the whole soundtrack, I only thought "Consummation" was the one like it used in the film. Thanks for pointing it out for me. :thumbup:
Last edited by swishbig on November 18th, 2014, 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

My favorite so far is "Mountains". The build up and the intensity after is a bone chilling rush. I'm inspired to write a short in spirit of this one.

People are gonna rage if the docking music isn't going to be in the 'illuminated star edition'. lol

If the docking music isn't going to be in the 'illuminated star edition' , i hope that Hans Zimmer will be kind enough to release the docking music for free.