Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Maybe Nolan will re-team with Aidan Gillen? :think:
You know, I just recently got into Game of Thrones and he actually is a really fantastic actor. This is a collaboration I'd love to see.

aaron wrote:
IWatchFilmsNotMovies wrote:Maybe Nolan will re-team with Aidan Gillen? :think:
You know, I just recently got into Game of Thrones and he actually is a really fantastic actor. This is a collaboration I'd love to see.
Completely spot on. I wasn't joking at all.

Last edited by CallMeSelina on April 30th, 2015, 3:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sam Neill. Totally underrated actor. I'd love to see him work with Nolan.

Alfred Molina.

Was it really necessary to put the word "discussion" in the thread title?

Lets get Fassbender and Hardy in one film already

intersTALLIr wrote:Lets get Fassbender and Hardy in one film already
:|

God I have a feeling I'm going live in this thread until the actual cast is announced. Here is my two cents.

Saw some love for Bryan Cranston, which I would absolutely love to see, however I wanted to see him in the Hughes project, that likely seems dead now. Nolan said it would have been the latter part of Hughes life and Cranston could have pulled the insanity/brilliance of the character. Oh well pipe dream.

Saw Idris Elba too, which would be cool but he'd be coming off Prometheus and Pacific Rim two Sci-Fi movies, couldn't see him doing a 3rd, but it would be next to impossible to turn Nolan down I suppose.

Also everyone here has a mad crush on Jessica Chastain. Awesome talent, but I prefer others. I'd always be happy too see JGL he is my favorite actor. I'd love for him to actually lead a huge massive film but don't know if they will go for it.

Now me, I'd prefer him to cast new faces he hasn't worked with before in the leads. It's exciting too see him work with new talent, here are some of my choices and some reasoning behind them.

Actors:
JGL (obvious reasons)
Tom Hanks (probably won't happen because he is out of his prime, but Nolan and Hanks, yes please)
Matt Damon (he'd be coming off Elysium, a Sci-Fi, but was in talks with Nolan's brother about
Bourne so there is a connection)
Bradley Cooper(Impressive in Silver Linings Playbook, see what else he can do)
Michael Fassbender

Actresses:
Jennifer Lawerence (In love with her. I actually think her and Nolan would have good chemistry, she reminds me of JGL except a little goofier and Nolan loves JGL)
Natalie Portman
Emma Stone (don't laugh, i'm sure nobody thought he work with Ellen Page)
Kerry Washington (Curveball! She impressed me in Django)
Charlize Theron/Angelina Jolie(both could kick ass in space if that was required)

Ultimately I just have a really big hunch, mark it down, that Nolan is going want to work with Brad Pitt. Leo and Pitt are one two in terms of leading men and I just have this feeling Nolan is going pick Pitt eventually, don't think Pitt has ever done a Sci-Fi movie like this either, the stars are aligning (pun intended).

Ok if you sat through that Bravo!

N4L
Hugh Jackman.