Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
xWhereAmI? wrote:Nolan when are you going to cast Guy Pearce again?

Please cast him in Interstellar
After seeing him in IM3 yesterday, it freaked me out that he barely aged from his Memento time.

I was just watching Sunshine a few hours ago, and was struck by how diverse the cast was - an Irishman, two Americans, a Malaysian, an Australian, a Japanese, a native New Zealander and a Chinese-Brit. It felt like an actual international space mission.

In contrast, so far we have 3 Americans embarking on a mission - Michael Caine probably won't be on the spaceship. Hopefully, Nolan will add a few non-white actors who have substantial roles to balance out the ensemble cast.

oracle86 wrote:I was just watching Sunshine a few hours ago, and was struck by how diverse the cast was - an Irishman, two Americans, a Malaysian, an Australian, a Japanese, a native New Zealander and a Chinese-Brit. It felt like an actual international space mission.

In contrast, so far we have 3 Americans embarking on a mission - Michael Caine probably won't be on the spaceship. Hopefully, Nolan will add a few non-white actors who have substantial roles to balance out the ensemble cast.
I hope so too.
I liked Dr Pavel from tdkr aka Alon Aboutboul.

Plus I like the idea of Nestor Carbonell in space.

oracle86 wrote:I was just watching Sunshine a few hours ago, and was struck by how diverse the cast was - an Irishman, two Americans, a Malaysian, an Australian, a Japanese, a native New Zealander and a Chinese-Brit. It felt like an actual international space mission.

This is exactly what I thought too. I can't really suggest any other actors or actresses for this film, but it would be really nice if Nolan added at least a few good foreign or less known actors to the cast.

Thoughts on PSH possibly joining Interstellar?

Allstar wrote:Thoughts on PSH possibly joining Interstellar?
possibly as in their have been talk of it, or just want an opinion on him?

Durden wrote:
Allstar wrote:Thoughts on PSH possibly joining Interstellar?
possibly as in their have been talk of it, or just want an opinion on him?
I read it on another forum, the person was probably trolling though.It gave me the idea to speculate about him though.

Allstar wrote:
Durden wrote: possibly as in their have been talk of it, or just want an opinion on him?
I read it on another forum, the person was probably trolling though.It gave me the idea to speculate about him though.
PSH is always welcome.

I think that Anthony Mackie will fit nicely in a Nolan film, but he is busy with Captain America.
I hope either Dileep Rao or Abhay Deol joins the cast.
gib sigs

So far I would have too say this is the most talented Nolan cast yet in terms of 4/4 being the top talent working today. I think the next few casting choices will be unexpected with more ethnicity being brought into the cast. I could see Ken Watanabe or Ben Mendelsohn getting cast, an up and coming british actor etc. Do you think this cast will be as big as Inceptions?
"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."