Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
anepicmoviereviewer wrote:My guess is that Michael Caine is going to be announced for a medium sized supporting role next.
I don't know... you think? :lol:

atilasantos wrote:
anepicmoviereviewer wrote:My guess is that Michael Caine is going to be announced for a medium sized supporting role next.
I don't know... you think? :lol:
I mean, couldn't it just be an Inception sized cameo type role?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote: I don't know... you think? :lol:

-Vader[/quote]

I would think so, perhaps some sort of aggressive ageing process sequence :think:

Vader182 wrote:
atilasantos wrote: I don't know... you think? :lol:

-Vader
It could be. I don't think it will be like Inception,it could be like TDKR and have Caine in a not very big but important role.

Maybe Caine will play an older Mcconaughey. They look nothing alike but that hasn't stopped situations like that before.

Just some speculation on who could be cast in the coming weeks….

JGL (read rumors on twitter), Ben Mendelsohn a personal favorite and he was great as John Daggett (anyone know when How To Catch A Monster starts filming?). For other supporting male actors, Henry Cavill(Man of Steel connection makes him high demand and I could see Nolan snatching him up), Richard Armitrage, Joe Manganiello, Jeremy Renner, James Mcavoy, then of course Caine is a lock. Now it gets tough but for a secondary female character Ill go with Rachel Weisz, Rooney Mara (Soderbergh reccomendation?), Amy Adams, Juno Temple, Olga Kurylenko?, Cobie Smulders?…..Of course not all of them will be cast. I was just shotgunning some possible people I could see being cast. Nolan seems to get talented actors right as they're on the upswing and gives them a shot JGL, Hardy, Ledger, Bale etc. So I based these somewhat off of that.
"That's what I love about these high school girls, man. I get older, they stay the same age."

I really hope Hathaway is the only recast. Caine maybe in since he once joked that he's in what Nolan is making next, but Nolan is the type of director that any actor should be to work with at some point in their career.

I'm still holding to slim hopes of a Bale return.

Addicted2Movies wrote:I'm still holding to slim hopes of a Bale return.
For some odd reason i keep on thinking that Bale and Hardy will return. Don't know why.