Interstellar Casting Speculation/Discussion

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.

Would it be too optimistic of me to hope for an idea of the leads by late April or early May?

-Vader

Vader182 wrote:Would it be too optimistic of me to hope for an idea of the leads by late April or early May?

-Vader
Yes.

CallMeSelina wrote:
Amelia wrote:
I'm not disagreeing, but until we have at least a vague idea of the type of characters who'll be populating this film, it's gonna be all but impossible to create any kind of workable theory as to whom could play what. I mean, we're currently working under the assumption that they'll be scientists and military types and whatnot, but for all we know Nolan might decide to have the ship crewed entirely by superintelligent dolphins.

Ooo! You know who'd make a GREAT superintelligent dolphin?! Jessica Chastain
Or business tycoons, but I like dolphins in space, too :clap:

That said, when do you think we can anticipate getting breakdowns, at least? Whatever actresses or actors I like (many of which I've named here and elsewhere), I don't think any of us can guess for certain.
It's hard to know with Nolan, isn't it? If memory serves, we didn't really have any idea of what Inception was all about until right before its release. On the other hand, DKR's casting process was, comparatively speaking, quite open to public view; when Hathaway was picked for Catwoman (for instance), we knew about it months in advance. Could go either way, I guess, though since this is an original project (and is already shrouded in secrecy), it looks as if Nolan's gonna go the Inception route.

Vader182 wrote:Would it be too optimistic of me to hope for an idea of the leads by late April or early May?

-Vader
I still think Hardy will be the lead. :oldmanface:

Stéphane wrote:

-Vader
I still think Hardy will be the lead. :oldmanface:
Don't be so optimistic.

-Vader
No. They should start announcing before then.

All that we knew about Inception for a long time was that it was "A science-fiction movie set within the architecture of the mind". And now we have a similar lead about Interstellar: "A group of explorers who travel in a wormhole and subsequently through time and other alternate dimensions" Besides, we know its based on the works of Kip Thorne so we can probably read about those as well (I'm sure many people have started, some already finished, I'm in the pipeline). Point is, we have more information about Interstellar than we had about Inception so I wouldn't be surprised if there's no further information about the plot in the future.

Also, given the fact that it might be heavily set in space, chances are it'll shoot inside closed studios only as opposed to open locations. So, chances of shooting leaks are all the more rare. We might have to wait for long intervals for set pictures to pop up !!!

KrazzyDJ wrote:
Also, given the fact that it might be heavily set in space, chances are it'll shoot inside closed studios only as opposed to open locations. So, chances of shooting leaks are all the more rare. We might have to wait for long intervals for set pictures to pop up !!!
Yeah agree I don't think set pics will leak just for fun like TDKR but considering this may be big budget original project, I think they may intentionally leak things to get the hype going.

Atleast Nolan likes giving teaser trailer early. ;)