Interstellar's Soundtrack

Christopher Nolan's 2014 grand scale science-fiction story about time and space, and the things that transcend them.
The talented Yourfavoratemusic just released a complete/film mix edit of the score today!

antovolk wrote:The talented Yourfavoratemusic just released a complete/film mix edit of the score today!
Oh wow. Link?

Although this was uploaded back in June, the very talented Yourfavoratemusic has created a mix of Imperfect Contact and No Time For Caution that's almost identical to what is heard in the film :twothumbsup:

The more I listen to this score, the more I realise just how fucking perfect it is. 2013/14 saw Zimmer at the peak of his career with both Interstellar and Man of Steel

^ Truth. Thanks for sharing that link!

I have a big place in my heart for Hans. Had a great time being super nerdy and listening to the Interstellar soundtrack while I drove to Skaftafell during my trip in Iceland last year. He really captures the landscape and feeling of the film so well.

Interstellar is probably Zimmer’s best work. Man I love that soundtrack.

Willem wrote:Interstellar is probably Zimmer’s best work. Man I love that soundtrack.

Roger Sayer is the British organist who plays on the Interstellar soundtrack. They recorded the organ part in Temple Church, London, where Roger is the director of music. I'm lucky enough to know Roger in person - I was singing in a London-based choir between 2012-2014 and he was the piano accompanist on rehearsals in those years. Now he started a YouTube channel and announced today that, with Zimmer's permission, he will work on the full organ recreation of the Interstellar score in the upcoming weeks/months. To me it sounds really exciting, because Temple Church, especially the organ there, has a great sound (I listened to one of Roger's organ recitals there, back in the day), and this is as authentic as it gets when it comes to recreations of the score, so if you're interested, check out his YouTube channel!

This is the video where he introduces himself and the channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyFbthex4mc

Awesome! Thanks for sharing. I hope he goes over some of the more difficult parts (such as Coward, Cornfield Chase).