Kate Mara joins the film

Discussion about Wally Pfister's upcoming directorial debut film being produced at Alcon.
Kate Mara is looking to follow her success on Netflix’s “House of Cards” with a Johnny Depp movie, as the actress has joined the cast of Alcon’s “Transcendence.”

Paul Bettany and Rebecca Hall also star with Wally Pfister making his directorial debut.

Pic will be financed and produced by Alcon Entertainment’s Broderick Johnson and Andrew Kosove. Warner Bros. will distribute.

Written by Jack Paglen, the screenplay was developed by Annie Marter and Straight Up Films, whose company principals include Marisa Polvino, Kate Cohen and Regency Boies. Polvino, Marter and Cohen will produce along with David Valdes (“Book of Eli”), Johnson and Kosove. Boies will co-produce.

Plot details are being kept under wraps. Christopher Nolan, Emma Thomas and Aaron Ryder are serving as executive producers.

Kate Mara’s sister Rooney Mara was also considered for one of the lead roles, which ended up going to Hall.

She is repped by UTA.
http://variety.com/2013/film/news/kate- ... 200329644/

Bree!

She auditioned for TDKR, so it looks like that paid off with a role in this.

Filming should start pretty soon :D

Nice! :clap:

Durden wrote:Nice! :clap:
Why do you like this so much?

Nice addition. :twothumbsup:

Soild add

Allstar wrote:
Durden wrote:Nice! :clap:
Why do you like this so much?
She was good on House of Cards, and I liked her in Transsiberian as well. Did you strike me as a hater, because I wasn't overly impressed like everyone else for HoC?

Durden wrote:
Allstar wrote: Why do you like this so much?
Did you strike me as a hater, because I wasn't overly impressed like everyone else for HoC?
No, I did not strike you as a hater at all. I just remember you saying you were not impressed with her on HoC so I did not expect you to be particularly excited about this news.

Anyway I like it, anyone know the size of the role? It is kind of funny/ironic that Rooney was rumored but now Kate is in it.

Allstar wrote:
Durden wrote: Did you strike me as a hater, because I wasn't overly impressed like everyone else for HoC?
No, I did not strike you as a hater at all. I just remember you saying you were not impressed with her on HoC so I did not expect you to be particularly excited about this news.

Anyway I like it, anyone know the size of the role? It is kind of funny/ironic that Rooney was rumored but now Kate is in it.
Yeah I like the addition.

Would be more funny if they were up for the same role. :lol: