Kate Mara joins the film

Discussion about Wally Pfister's upcoming directorial debut film being produced at Alcon.
d4mi4n wrote:May I piss my pants now?

The most interesting bit of casting yet.

Durden wrote:
Allstar wrote: No, I did not strike you as a hater at all. I just remember you saying you were not impressed with her on HoC so I did not expect you to be particularly excited about this news.

Anyway I like it, anyone know the size of the role? It is kind of funny/ironic that Rooney was rumored but now Kate is in it.
Yeah I like the addition.

Would be more funny if they were up for the same role. :lol:
They were not considered for the same role. Rooney was one of the candidates for the lead role which eventually went to Hall, according to the Variety article in the OP.

oracle86 wrote:
Durden wrote: Yeah I like the addition.

Would be more funny if they were up for the same role. :lol:
They were not considered for the same role. Rooney was one of the candidates for the lead role which eventually went to Hall, according to the Variety article in the OP.
I was aware of this, that's why I said it would have been more funny.

Durden wrote:
oracle86 wrote:
I was aware of this, that's why I said it would have been more funny.
oh, my bad. Didn't read it properly. :facepalm:

I imagined Bree looking like a female soldier, with a very buff body, so this really came as a surprise to me.

kor
Wow, this casting comes to me also as a surprise. Reading script, I was imagining someone like Zoe Bell (Deathproof), Gina Carano (Haywire) in Bree character. Like You've said, more like tough female soldier, bad ass look, always in mood for kickin' ass.

From the photos You shared here, Kate looks like all hugging and laughing, not like fighting in resistance. But having in mind her sister's transformation for Fincher's GWTDT, I'm full of optimism. If she'll foolow in her steps, hugging after ass kicking sounds nice 8-)

Cool! :thumbup:

she has a juicy ass haha

tallimonster wrote:she has a juicy ass haha
But what do you think of her range?