Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Oh cool, if you get uploaded onto the Internet you can disappear into thin air and turn into oil in real life.

From watching the teasers, I was instantly hyped for Transcendence, but I was worried that it was going to be just another artificial intelligence movie. I mean, hasn't that plot been done so much before? But after I saw the trailer, I was like, "My God, this could be great."

Does anyone know the trailer music by any chance? Thanks

antovolk wrote:
Rudinet wrote:Also the talk of the sentient machine does remind me a bit of Person of Interest which does have a benevolent A. I. by the way.
Instantly thought of that when Bree said "Where is the Machine?"
What if Kate Mara swaps roles with Amy Acker?
Wouldn't mind that at all. :thumbup:

asas20 wrote:If you didn't like the trailer, get over it. So stop saying it looks horrible and that Jupiter Ascending looks better cause it looks amazing.
Wow boy you're on a role here.

So we should all shut the fuck up expressing our concerns and disappointment just because we don't agree with YOUR opinion that this trailer looks amazing right?

You're exactly like one of those YouTube or IMDB stans that just can't comprehend that people can share negative and positive feedback at the same time. You're one of those people that think in absolutes. If you don't like the trailer then DON'T comment on it and say that you don't like it because I SAY IT'S GREAT... The arrogance and ignorance at the same time of your posts here is astounding.

I think the most fascinating aspect of his character that seems to be hinted at in the trailer is that he becomes thirsty for this immortality/source of power from the network of all the computers of the world. Kind of like a Vampire in the world of the megabytes and computer code.

RIFA wrote:
asas20 wrote:If you didn't like the trailer, get over it. So stop saying it looks horrible and that Jupiter Ascending looks better cause it looks amazing.

So we should all shut the fuck up expressing our concerns and disappointment just because we don't agree with YOUR opinion that this trailer looks amazing right?

You're exactly like one of those YouTube or IMDB stans that just can't comprehend that people can share negative and positive feedback at the same time. You're one of those people that think in absolutes. If you don't like the trailer then DON'T comment on it and say that you don't like it because I SAY IT'S GREAT... The arrogance and ignorance at the same time of your posts here is astounding.
You're just being a troll. So do everyone a favor, stop commenting on Transcendence and go jizz over the Interstellar teaser :thumbup:

Wow, you are fucking dumb, lol.

asas20 wrote:
RIFA wrote:

You're just being a troll. So do everyone a favor, stop commenting on Transcendence and go jizz over the Interstellar teaser :thumbup:
oh okay we'll stop discussing things cause, ya know, there's SO MUCH ELSE to do on an internet forum

Looks exquisitely shot (duh), but I wonder if the whole concept of artificial intelligence has already been conquered by this year's Her. I could be completely wrong, of course, since this is unquestionably pursuing the action vein.

Speculation on Murphy's character (Possible Big Spoilers):
Does anybody else think, since it seems the Final Script excluded Lance, that they merged the characters of Anderson and Lance together? Because why would they get an actor like Cillian Murphy, who's relatively known, to play the minor part of a cop without having some kind importance to the plot?
Say, have it revealed that he is the leader of RIFT, and he allowed the labs to be hacked.