Transcendence (2014)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Lionheart wrote:So what happened ? Doesn't anyone have any story about why this movie derailed to such mediocrity Because i remember reading some people saying the script was pretty fun . Lies ? Bad adaptation ? This just bored me to tears. Which is pretty difficult.There's not a single scene that stood out. Absolutely nothing.

Kudos to Rebeca Hall. What a gorgeous woman. She looks amazing in profile (there's some car shots in it with her like this). Beautiful beautiful lady.
http://scriptshadow.net/script-to-scree ... scendence/

It's nice how her clothes changes through the movie. First red, then black and finally white.

antovolk wrote:
Lionheart wrote:So what happened ? Doesn't anyone have any story about why this movie derailed to such mediocrity Because i remember reading some people saying the script was pretty fun . Lies ? Bad adaptation ? This just bored me to tears. Which is pretty difficult.There's not a single scene that stood out. Absolutely nothing.

Kudos to Rebeca Hall. What a gorgeous woman. She looks amazing in profile (there's some car shots in it with her like this). Beautiful beautiful lady.
http://scriptshadow.net/script-to-scree ... scendence/
Thanks a lot. I imagined something like this might happened. The setpieces remark is so on-target. As i was watching the film , and seeing almost no tension being built i expected at least few action setpieces. When those super soldiers started to be created , well i know whats going to happen next....nope. Absolutely nothing. Bane's second guy runs very fast. That's it. Did they run out of money ? Such a bizarre film. The only thing that distracted me from the boringness was my incredulity.

The thing that just ruined every moment in this movie was the atmosphere. I felt absolutely nothing towards any of the scenes. I didn't feel like I should have been excited when they started shooting at the guys we were rooting for, or when Will had a break through, the entire film felt flat and soulless, which is even more sad when this story is supposed to be filled with emotion. I had no idea who was bad and who was good, and any chance of tension just dissolved into something dull. I read the script draft a complete year in advance, and sounded so exciting down on paper, even the descriptions of the final battle sounded so cool in the script, but the film just showed a bunch of possessed people walking around like zombies with things blowing up in the background. There were so many exciting ideas in both the draft and the film, but for the film, they were just executed so horribly.

BlairCo wrote:The thing that just ruined every moment in this movie was the atmosphere. I felt absolutely nothing towards any of the scenes. I didn't feel like I should have been excited when they started shooting at the guys we were rooting for, or when Will had a break through, the entire film felt flat and soulless, which is even more sad when this story is supposed to be filled with emotion. I had no idea who was bad and who was good, and any chance of tension just dissolved into something dull. I read the script draft a complete year in advance, and sounded so exciting down on paper, even the descriptions of the final battle sounded so cool in the script, but the film just showed a bunch of possessed people walking around like zombies with things blowing up in the background. There were so many exciting ideas in both the draft and the film, but for the film, they were just executed so horribly.
Exactly not enough role development also the original script was better but not amazing

Wow just saw this again, what a horrible medicore comedy.. the ending was the worst. It had so much potential with the original script.

Criterion release when?

I wonder when Wally will come out of hiding. :think:

Allstar wrote:I wonder when Wally will come out of hiding. :think:
What is he doing now? So far I know he hasn't anything to work on now.

Nomis1700 wrote:
Allstar wrote:I wonder when Wally will come out of hiding. :think:
What is he doing now? So far I know he hasn't anything to work on now.
He's directing commercials for cruise lines.