Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
DKnight007 wrote:
manofsteel1 wrote:As a life long fan of superman i am over the moon that zack snyder's man of steel not only grossed enough to get a sequel off the ground . With over 662 million ww but also launched a big screen dcu :twothumbsup: .

:twothumbsup:
:geek: :twothumbsup:

Stanley Tucci would be brilliant as lex .

The blu ray 3D transfer is much better than the theater 3D.

Red Hood wrote:The blu ray 3D transfer is much better than the theater 3D.
Yea, I wanted to ask about this. I'm getting a 3D TV soon and had a gift card for Best Buy. I want to use it buy Man of Steel 3D, but I never heard anyone personally review the film on 3D copy. Is it that good?

Faora Ul was the best thing in that whole movie. I hope she wasn't actually dead in that plane crash, so she can make an appearance in BvS.

4N Legend wrote:
Red Hood wrote:The blu ray 3D transfer is much better than the theater 3D.
Yea, I wanted to ask about this. I'm getting a 3D TV soon and had a gift card for Best Buy. I want to use it buy Man of Steel 3D, but I never heard anyone personally review the film on 3D copy. Is it that good?
Man of Steel's 3D on Blu-Ray is great but not reference quality. And I recommend Avatar and Prometheus for your 3D TV.

8.5/10

lol first time stepping into this thread.

Haven't seen it in a while but I quite liked it 8.5/10 yo

A for me.

I heard a lot of hate for the movie, but it was fairly enjoyable for the most part. Not mind blowing in any way but not the disaster some made it to be or anything. Not a Snyder fan at all, 300 is more one dimensional than the source material, and Watchmen was devoid of the tension and black humour that made the book such a classic. So I give him a pass here. I guess the storyline is kind of lacklustre but it's my only real problem, doesn't do anything new or particularly engaging.

The cast is all pretty solid, Cavill is the stand out to me and does a decent job, he also looks the part (his accent slips once that I noticed). Crowe does his usual schtick, Shannon was okay but nothing like Take Shelter. The soundtrack is good but after Inception and TDK it's forgettable instead of immediately making me check it out after seeing the movie. At least it's better than Superman Returns which is a shameful remake in disguise. Didn't care that much about the two big problems people seem to have in the finale (the fight collateral and it's climax) and it was fun to see a modern take on super fighting powers, flying etc.