Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Thedarknight628 wrote: After watching the avengers again a couple days ago I can say they did a better job with the protection of the city but in fairness they were a team and superman was just focusing more on destroying the world engine and stopping zod any way he could. I hope for JL they handle the destruction of a city more like the avengers.
In my opinion (and I didn't like the Metropolis fight), the fight in Smallville was the best action scene I've seen in a Superhero movie. There you could see Superman's level of power, but he also cared about saving people in the middle of the fight (the scene where he saves the falling soldier ilustrates this). Simply perfect, in my opinion. :D

Mark Strong
Stanley Tucci
Billy Zane
Michael C. Hall
Jon Hamm

Did any1 notice Bruce Wayne & Lex Luthor mentions in MOS? I found this while browsing and then, watched MOS for a second time.
I do notice 2 LexCorp trucks being broken and LexCorp skyline being demolished. Also, there is Wayne Enterprise logo in a satellite.
Are there any other mentions??

The truck who drives Clark Kent back home to his mom is a LexCorp truck...

1. Henry Cavill
2. Kevin Costner
3. Antje Traue
4. Michael Shannon
5. Russell Crowe
6. Diane Lane
7. Amy Adams
8. Lawrence Fisburne
9. Ayelet Zurer

Y cant Nolan act as Lex!! :twothumbsup:

There are several other DC related easter eggs through out the movie. Those along with these have been discussed in the general information thread.

viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4189

RIFA wrote:1. Russell Crowe
2. Antje Traue
3. Henry Cavill
4. Ayelet Zurer
5. Michael Shannon
6. Amy Adams
7. Diane Lane
8. Kevin Costner
9. Lawrence Fisburn
There was no real standout imo because they were all pretty great.

Ugh, second viewing really helped clear some things up.

Couple of personal issues I managed to deal with this time round:

a) free day ->early projection, well rested and ready to fly
b) 3D version in a much bigger space and the projectionist actually knew how to crank up the volume without bursting my eardrum.

My first viewing was almost completely ruined by exhaustion (23:40 projection after a 10 hour shift) with a fucking 15 min pause in the middle (is that a common thing in the USA cinemas, or anywhere), ultraloud volume in a smaller theater, my ears hurt even the day after, I kid you not.

Still need to check it out on July 23 during the film fest here, bros we'll be there with me as well, lots of friends coming up, but so far - it's looking far better than it looked three days ago, and Zimmer's cue is still playing, non stop.

It might be the first real one star bump in my movie watching history, I did it with Kingdom of Heaven (3.5 ->5 for Director's Cut) but that was on Blu-ray.

Still the most perfect moment of MOS for me:

Others involve Jor'El at the beginning, First Flight, everything with Faora

Still hate these people:
Everything that went wrong with some of the dialogue (not the alien invasion story itself) could be approached through these lifeless pests, also...
...Costner's death looked pointless and unnecessary. I know what they tried to achieve but it didn't strike a chord with me.

Still thinking through the fact that Supes snapped Zod's neck like he's some kryptonian fly as opposed to that utter destruction that happened previously.
One thing should be clear: it's still the best looking movie this summer.

Lol @ people comparing the situation in Avengers (which was on a smaller scale and cliched as hell) to the situation in Superman. Lol @ thinking the bad guys will take the fight where the good guys want... that happened till now... that means it should happen in all superhero movies? Nope. Why? Because it really is an exception to the rule. Especially in the case of Superman where we're already used with huge fights in cities that result in collapsed buildings and so on. That was always Supes thing. If you can't dig that then Superman is not for you. It's that simple. If you can't dig the dangers of heroes of this magnitude fighting on Earth and the severe implications it might have on our society and population then you obviously were raised thinking that superheros fight in Parks with wood sticks and throw rocks. Avengers tried a bit to change that but it was still PG13 as hell and controlled as fuck. How can you keep such forces under so much control is beyond me... This is about godlike figures with godlike powers... You can't really hold that much control over it. You have to let it go and show the real dangers of such thing happening and Supes did exactly that since it's inception in the comics till Snyder's Man of Steel which is the best and most interesting and accurate rendition of Superman yet. I'm surprised MoS is PG13 because even without showing anything directly, the psychological impact is still there and it's pretty heavy. But hey, let the Marvel fanboys bring all the irrelevant stuff possible like "at least our heroes protected the people"... Lmao. Supes protected Earth. What are few millions compared to several billions? :facepalm: He did what he had to do. No villain would say "hey, I'm gonna fight Superman in the desert cuz that's where he wants me so I won't hurt all these people"... :lol: :roll: