Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
anonymity wrote:
alex88bg wrote:I agree that this cant be compared to BB ,it is my favourite comic book movie after all ;) But i can deffinately compare to TDKR both movies deeply flawed but i loved them,people expected a very touching moment when he put on the suit and thats what bugs them,they wanted some psychological drama but it didnt happen.I disagree about he became a hero in 3 minutes,that was building up for a long time ,for more than hour if i am not mistaken.
And some of you guys are so rude and tough on internet forums,you know what i mean ?
The touching moment wasn't about him first putting on the suit and you can tell they weren't trying for it. The touching Superman moment of when he actually becomes Superman is when
he begins to fly, when he tries and fails and hears the voice of his father encouraging him to test his limits.
That was one of the most emotional moments in the film. It was absolutely and completely majestic!

Some of you don't agree and that's fine. Some of you for some reason had no emotional reaction to this film and that's fine. But don't negate and deny the fact that obviously a lot of people did react emotionally.
Y i agree to this,but i was saying people were expecting something else when he walked on that ice with a suit on i never had a problem with it..The part afterwards was great in my opinion...

alex88bg wrote:I dont get this lack of humor at all,i mean if u want humor and very cheap one go laugh at Robert D. Jr. jokes,better no humor then a forced cheap one..(Downey does great job with what he is given ).This movie as it is is incapable of humor and this pleases me,i never missed it ...
Because I see these movies to be moved, not entertained.

Forum Pro
Law
RyanRises wrote:
alex88bg wrote:I dont get this lack of humor at all,i mean if u want humor and very cheap one go laugh at Robert D. Jr. jokes,better no humor then a forced cheap one..(Downey does great job with what he is given ).This movie as it is is incapable of humor and this pleases me,i never missed it ...
?

RyanRises wrote:
wut

TehBatGetsBraked wrote:
RyanRises wrote:
wut
i laughed ..hard ;)

Isn't Luthor running for office on the back of the No Mans Land story (Dark Knight Rises) perfect for the integration of the justice league into a Nolan-Snyderverse?

In the next story he can fight with superman over something or other and can be the lead into the joint film.

RyanRises wrote:
Hummm... okay...?

George wrote:
robphas wrote:Ok, I'm getting tired of people saying he puts on the suit too quickly. We first see him in the suit
approximately 50 minutes after the WB logo.
But even if it took longer I think people would still complain about it.

I've noticed that when people criticize art, they'll often cite technical or other "objective" reasons. But what I've realized is that liking or loving art doesn't have anything to do with technical reasons or so-called objectivity. It all comes down to how it makes you feel. We don't need an objective reason to like something. Or else we're talking about a process, not art. TDK is technically better than TDKR, but the emotional payoff was bigger with TDKR. I enjoyed ST:ID because it was entertaining, not because of the luminosity of the lens flares. We can still enjoy the original Superman movie despite it being technically shit by today's standards. As with this movie, I enjoyed it very much. I didn't spend the whole time thinking about how I would have made it differently. All I know is that the movie, and especially the ending, made me smile.

8.5/10

It's not about the minutes into the film it takes for him to put on the suit... It's more about how little we know or understand Clark prior to that scene. That's in part due to how much time is spent on Krypton before we even get to see Clark as anything more than an infant, but also indicative of the way the film mishandles its young Clark backstory.
How did it mishandled the young Clark Kent backstory? we got Clark's reactions to his powers as a kid, he saw Clark making his first saves and what consequences they brought to him, we saw Clark's consequences of following Jonathan Kent's advice of not revealing himself (tornado scene). Just because it wasn't what you wanted or what you anticipated does not mean that is not mishandled. In my opinion it was perfectly balanced; those scenes conveyed perfectly the struggles he had to endure and what formed his decision making process. I completely (and respectful;y) disagree with you.

My favorite performance and character in the movie is by far Antje Traue as Faora, but it is true that her role and screentime were quite limited in comparison to the others, so all things taken into consideration I would rank the cast thus:

1. Russell Crowe
2. Kevin Costner
3. Antje Traue
4. Michael Shannon
5. Henry Cavill

Yeah that one was a head scratcher. heh