Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Batman Begins only made about 200 million domestically and 160 million over seas. Other factors like DVD sales and word of mouth still warranted a sequel. And while a lot of critics hated MOS, general audience seems to be taking to it for the most part.

BY saying that 300 is only good zacks film i stopped reading that post because we have completely different taste in movies.
I loved MOS...Absolutely loved it...

Asanty wrote:Watched it a few days ago. Well, what can I say, critics were absolutely right this time. Very poor script, dialogues, no humor. Sometimes I had feeling that I am watching some gallery of beautiful video clips, practically no emotional links with characters. Actors were good, but they just don't have enough decent material. Too much action which is getting boring quite quickly. Score is flat and one dimensional. Really didnt expect that from Zimmer....my rate is 6/10.
This is something I really noticed when watching. I chuckled maybe once. Obviously we don't want overkill, but maybe lighten the mood a bit? I think films like Star Trek: Into Darkness and The Dark Knight did this well (in different ways of course).

Reading some of those reactions, I'm wondering whether there's a different cut of MOS somewhere :D

But I'm not surprised that some just don't like it, it's really special and stands alone compared to other superhero movies.

anonymity wrote:If they're smart, they'll tone it down in the sequel. Especially since they should save any more big action for the inevitable JL
Yeah the sequel will probably be a smaller, more personal story

BroskiSabor wrote:
Asanty wrote:Watched it a few days ago. Well, what can I say, critics were absolutely right this time. Very poor script, dialogues, no humor. Sometimes I had feeling that I am watching some gallery of beautiful video clips, practically no emotional links with characters. Actors were good, but they just don't have enough decent material. Too much action which is getting boring quite quickly. Score is flat and one dimensional. Really didnt expect that from Zimmer....my rate is 6/10.
This is something I really noticed when watching. I chuckled maybe once. Obviously we don't want overkill, but maybe lighten the mood a bit? I think films like Star Trek: Into Darkness and The Dark Knight did this well (in different ways of course).
Comedy in my comic book films is something I could care less about. I don't mind a laugh on occasion. But I'd rather not have comedy at all as opposed to bad attempts at it. Star Trek does do a great job with blending the comedy so it doesn't affect the dramatic aspect of the films. I like the Iron Man series. But one of my problems with it is that a cheap laugh messes with the integrity of those films to a large degree imo.

if he decides to use imax cameras then that's fine. however, they don't need to repeat with the shaky cam. that they need to do away with.

:lol:

I like Billy Zane for the role. But if they wanted to go with a black actor I like the idea of Idris Elba.

anonymity wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:
Comedy in my comic book films is something I could care less about. I don't mind a laugh on occasion. But I'd rather not have comedy at all as opposed to bad attempts at it. Star Trek does do a great job with blending the comedy so it doesn't affect the dramatic aspect of the films. I like the Iron Man series. But one of my problems with it is that a cheap laugh messes with the integrity of those films to a large degree imo.
I guess it just depends on what you're expecting, but I thought the lack of humor in this film just made it seem a little stiff.