Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Joeyjojo72 wrote:The rumor is that WB will do everything in its power to keep the RT % above 60. Not buying it, but it should be obvious by the weekend if something strange is going on. A dramatic uptick in positive reviews by new or lesser-known critics on RT over the weekend would be suspicious since that never really happens with movies like this. But its likely BS.
Warner is the owner of Rotten Tomatoes :shifty:

1 day left! Or a few hours left, for those seeing it at midnight tonight.

I really, really cannot wait for tomorrow night. 8-)

MiracleSleeper wrote:1 day left! Or a few hours left, for those seeing it at midnight tonight.

How about 4 hours and 15 mins. :D

DoubleD wrote:
MiracleSleeper wrote:1 day left! Or a few hours left, for those seeing it at midnight tonight.

grrr, lucky you!

DoubleD wrote:

Same here bro :thumbup:

Insomniac wrote:
agentmi5 wrote:i cant believe the way some of you are responding to RT ratings, i mean does these 100 people have to decide for the whole world if the movie is bad??? It is same with everything else these days there are people who tells us what to eat, what to do, and now what movies to watch, just like some government plan for making mindless drones from its own people, do as we tell you blah blah blah. Starting from tomorrow the world will start to judge, will they accept it or reject it and it will be the world and not just the point of view of 100 people.
Tell me, when a friend or family member of yours recommend (or don't recommend) a movie to you, do you scream "DON'T TELL ME WHAT TO THINK!" and "WHO ARE YOU TO DECIDE WHAT'S GOOD?!" in their faces?

Just curious.

Also, your profoundly stupid post seems to insinuate that box-office grosses dictates whether or not a movie is good.
That's a false equivalency, full stop. Family/friends whose opinions may overlap with mine more often than not ≠ film critics on RT.

You guys seem to want permission to like a movie you haven't even seen yet. Either go see the movie or don't, but quit this hivemind worship--this obsession with critical adoration is neurotic as hell.

New user and I just want to add my two cents here.

We all kind of knew that a new approach to an iconic character like Superman might be met with skepticism or at least a rebuttal. The original film has been put up on such a high pedestal that critics especially only remember it fondly. Now, I am a comic book reader and have been for many years. I watched Superman get beaten bloody and die at the hands of Doomsday, read Infinite Crisis where hero's die and everything is not pretty and saccharine.

Some critics are able to see this new vision and accept that Superman can have a darker side, some just can't. We really have a love it or hate it situation going on here. So critics responded favorably to Batman going much darker than Tim Burton interpreted him, but they feel the opposite when it's applied to Superman. I always thought that darker was how Batman should be, I mean his parents were murdered in front of him as a child.

So it doesn't mean that the movie is bad, it just means that the opinion of this new take is split right down the middle. RT scores are just a percentage of who likes it, based against who didn't like it. How are you to know which side of that you will fall? :think:

Comic book fans seem to be loving it, because they have something else to base the character on rather than just the Donner films or even Returns. People that are not familiar with the comics, are having a hard time understanding how this character can be dark. IGN, Ain't It Cool News, and HitFlix all gave the movie fantastic reviews. They understand the comic book character and not the movie character...they can separate the two. Regardless of what the critics are saying, a lot of people just wanted to see Superman be "super" and it seems that was the goal of this film...to show that other side that the other movies just hinted at.

Just my take on things...going to see it Sunday. :D
Last edited by mtaffer on June 13th, 2013, 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I had a feeling this wouldn't top Singer's vision.

It'll have to be transformers mark 2 to not beat returns IMO,

I'm praying for another watchmen, stylish, dark and cynical.

If it's Tranformers level brain dead I will be terribly disappointed.

Some of you guys are acting like 3yo..I had a feeling this wouldnt top singer version..Did u see it yet to know or you just feel whiney ?