Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
this was reported as a fake fan-fiction script

anonymity wrote:
BroskiSabor wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:The fanboy in me love the scene, mais I couldn't help me think that Cavill's Clark Kent with glasses isn't a good disguise at all, maybe it's because the haircut and the attitude (he only said a line to Lois who already knows the truth though) seems to be the same IDK
Reeve's Clark was so different, I honestly think it was tough to associate him with Superman
Have the glasses ever really been a good disguise?
I know right?! :lol:

Something I don't understand...
If Lois can find Superman why can't the US government figure out who he is? They even know he's from Kansas. I mean, I just don't buy it.
I bet Detective John Blake knows who Superman is... 8-)
:lol: I guess it's just something we have to accept/ buy into when going to see a superhero film. It's kind of the same way with Batman and Robin.

Sarei88 wrote:
Now Where Was I ? wrote:
Law wrote:Spoiler
Am I the only one feeling Cavill's Clark Kent with glasses isn't a good disguise at all, maybe it's because the haircut and the attitude (he only said a line to Lois who already knows the truth though) seems to be the same IDK
Reeve's Clark was so different, I honestly think it was tough to associate him with Superman
we don't really know what clark kent is going to be like in metropolis. in the film
we see clark traveling around and in smallville. he hasn't exactly been to metropolis to live a consistent life working at the daily planet and his interaction with those people. clark could go into a similar route like reeve's clark in metropolis, but i'm not sure if they will or if it's needed.

i was just watching the animated series and i didn't see clark in metropolis like reeve's clark kent. this is something that continues to bother me with this whole comparison b/t the earlier superman films and today's. we're not going to see a repeat of donner/christopher reeve's portrayal. i feel like no matter what interpretation we would've gotten today, people will forever compare and it's not necessary.

as for the disguise of clark just wearing glasses, i don't know what to tell you. that has always been something that bothered me beside lois always being blind to pay attention and see that her co-worker is superman.
:clap: Agree with everything. People need to move on from the Donner era.

As someone who grew up in Kansas I love this line....

"I'm from Kansas General, it doesn't get more American than that" or something like that

Thedarknight628 wrote:
Sarei88 wrote:
we don't really know what clark kent is going to be like in metropolis. in the film
we see clark traveling around and in smallville. he hasn't exactly been to metropolis to live a consistent life working at the daily planet and his interaction with those people. clark could go into a similar route like reeve's clark in metropolis, but i'm not sure if they will or if it's needed.

i was just watching the animated series and i didn't see clark in metropolis like reeve's clark kent. this is something that continues to bother me with this whole comparison b/t the earlier superman films and today's. we're not going to see a repeat of donner/christopher reeve's portrayal. i feel like no matter what interpretation we would've gotten today, people will forever compare and it's not necessary.

as for the disguise of clark just wearing glasses, i don't know what to tell you. that has always been something that bothered me beside lois always being blind to pay attention and see that her co-worker is superman.
:clap: Agree with everything. People need to move on from the Donner era.
that seems to be something that people can't put pass them. it's understandable that the donner version may be people's favorite, but it's a different world today than what it was back then. i love the donner version as well, along w/reeves' portrayal, but i have to say i didn't find that superman relatable. that's something this version had to do for today's audience.

it's sad b/c i feel like whatever interpretation that would've been released, people automatically would've been against it b/c it's not like the donner version. then they would've been like, well, he's no christopher reeve. well, he's not. i would think that's a good thing. i wouldn't have wanted cavill to play clark/superman as reeve's clark/superman. i thought cavill did a great job and i can definitely see him more as that mild-mannered reporter, stumbling about metropolis. will it be necessary for the next film? that depends. i didn't hear people complain about tom welling not portraying clark as reeve's clark.

if people can put aside their feelings, thoughts and favoritism over the burton era of batman to enjoy nolan's version. why can't people give this a try as well?

anyway, i'm done on this subject.

Fake.

Monicabbm wrote:
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Why would it depend on Amazing Spider-Man? Lost me there.
sorry, I mean MOS needs to do the same as amazing spider man, that made 262 million in the U.S. and 490 million worldwide, to have a second film.
why?

thrice wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:
Joeyjojo72 wrote:Why would it depend on Amazing Spider-Man? Lost me there.
sorry, I mean MOS needs to do the same as amazing spider man, that made 262 million in the U.S. and 490 million worldwide, to have a second film.
why?
Damm people! She's saying that the possibility of having a sequel of Man of Steel will likely depend on the international box office. She wrote The Amazing Spider-Man as an example because that was the case of a movie having a relatively unimpressive domestic BO but being an international success big enough to guarantee a sequel.

Goyer is already writing the script for the sequel...

thrice wrote:Goyer is already writing the script for the sequel...
And the guys who wrote Green Lantern also wrote a sequel for it. ;) We all know what happened to that project. But anyway, looks like there's no need to worry about Man of Steel as it continues to do very well overseas.

‘Man Of Steel’ Speeds To $345.6M Worldwide
The Superman reboot is a super-hit internationally. Warner Bros‘ Man Of Steel co-financed by Legendary Pictures pulled in strong numbers on Friday, grossing $19.7M from 52 markets now in release. This brings the overseas cume to date to $135.6M in just 9 days. With a projected domestic cume reaching $210M this weekend, that makes for at least a worldwide total of $345.6M so far. Last weekend, Man Of Steel ranked #1 everywhere with a gross of $71.6M from 24 overseas markets in release and a speeding worldwide cume of $196.7M in its first 4 days. The Christopher Nolan-Zack Snyder-David S. Goyer-Henry Cavill pic has 27 more markets opening this weekend, including the major countries France, Germany, Italy, Spain, Russia and China. Asia has been very strong so China opened as expected Thursday with Superman taking almost 80% marketshare. The preliminary gross was $5,886,285 for 899,027 admissions on approximately 5,500 digital 3D screens and 109 Imax Screens and 22 ‘China Giant Screen’ screens. This is the 2nd highest opening day for Warner Brothers in China, behind only the final Harry Potter film. The estimated Friday figure for China is another outstanding $5.9M with a 2-day total now of $11.7M. In other markets, Spain grosses $1.5M (almost as much as Iron Man 3), Russia came in with a new cume of $3.15M, France placed #1 with a new cume of $4.2M, Germany also ranked a strong #1 with a new fresh of $1.9M, and Italy continues to rank #1 with a new cume of $1.1M. Australia opens on June 27, Brazil July 12, and Japan August 30.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/man-of- ... st-9-days/