Man of Steel Prologue

Discussion of the Superman reboot produced by Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas.
oracle86 wrote:
Thedarknight628 wrote: Yeah i know what you mean but if remember batman begins had a prologue/preview thing before it came out.
Are you referring to this?

That was the teaser for Batman Begins, with a voiceover by Christian Bale. WB seems to be doing a similar thing for Man of Steel, but released two teasers instead - with voiceovers by Russel Crowe and Kevin Costner.

Will Man of Steel have a prologue? I don't think so. The scenes of Krypton will most probably be a flashback.
No it wasn't that, it was a preview that had the beginning scene in Batman Begins with bruce and rachel and it was shown on one episode of smallville.

I think it's pretty save to say that the film kicks off with the destruction of Krypton. Just because I think this film is going to be almost completely chronological. Maybe some flashbacks of Zod when he's in the Phantom Zone or something.

Wouldn't it be great to kick off the film with some major action, the tragic deaths of Jor-El and Lara (I suppose they're separated due to that Lara is standing there alone in the trailer) and the massive destruction of Krypton.

And Kal-El getting to Earth to the Kents.
Recently with an interview of Collider with the Joe Letteri he said that WETA is into the beginning of the film, sort of confirming that it has something to do with a spaceship i.e. Kal-El getting to earth and stuff.
http://collider.com/joe-letteri-weta-ir ... ew/216400/

Nomis1700 wrote:I think it's pretty save to say that the film kicks off with the destruction of Krypton. Just because I think this film is going to be almost completely chronological. Maybe some flashbacks of Zod when he's in the Phantom Zone or something.

Wouldn't it be great to kick off the film with some major action, the tragic deaths of Jor-El and Lara (I suppose they're separated due to that Lara is standing there alone in the trailer) and the massive destruction of Krypton.

Recently with an interview of Collider with the Joe Letteri he said that WETA is into the beginning of the film, sort of confirming that it has something to do with a spaceship i.e. Kal-El getting to earth and stuff.
I actually think the film is going to open with Kal El/Clark landing in Earth and the Kents finding him. I have a strong feeling we'll see the Krypton stuff once Clark is a grown man and discovers more about his origins. I would personally prefer this because it would put us in the same perspective as Clark and I think that would be just one more great way for the audience to relate to him.

That's not a bad idea either. Maybe even better because we'll see it thru Clark's eyes, sort of then.
Maybe Zod tells him what happened?

jcvargas09 wrote:
Nomis1700 wrote:I think it's pretty save to say that the film kicks off with the destruction of Krypton. Just because I think this film is going to be almost completely chronological. Maybe some flashbacks of Zod when he's in the Phantom Zone or something.

I actually think the film is going to open with Kal El/Clark landing in Earth and the Kents finding him. I have a strong feeling we'll see the Krypton stuff once Clark is a grown man and discovers more about his origins. I would personally prefer this because it would put us in the same perspective as Clark and I think that would be just one more great way for the audience to relate to him.
This may happen when he reaches the fortress of solitude and activates something that lets him know what happened to his planet and where he came from.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
jcvargas09 wrote:
This may happen when he reaches the fortress of solitude and activates something that lets him know what happened to his planet and where he came from.
I think it's now safe to day that this is indeed correct :D