Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ryan4butler wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
I hope that's not the ending.
And Superman and the U.S. Army making a treaty to let them go. Its definetly the ending.
This ending will be just like The Avengers' mediocre ending. I wanted them to at least be placed in a maximum security Kryptonian prison.

Red Hood wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:
And Superman and the U.S. Army making a treaty to let them go. Its definetly the ending.
This ending will be just like The Avengers' mediocre ending. I wanted them to at least be placed in a maximum security Kryptonian prison.
Isnt Krypton destroyed?
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
Isnt Krypton destroyed?
I don't know.

Recent Article
Rumor: Man of Steel could feature the most brutal superhero beatdown ever filmed

New rumors circulating about the new Superman movie Man of Steel include a massive, vicious fight for Clark Kent — only it's not with the villain you expect. Spoilers ahead...

Superman reportedly gets his ass kicked not by General Zod, but by his sidekick, Faora. And apparently it's three times worse than another famous superhero smackdown.

Comic Book Movie has a report from their Super Hero Hype message boards, taken from an alleged source close to the production:

"In line with what I've heard, Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand."

Of course this is totally unconfirmed and just a rumor at this point, but it sounds pretty exciting. A Superman who actually has some vulnerability could wind up being more heroic than a version of Supes that shakes off any challenge.
http://io9.com/5943468/rumor-man-of-ste ... n-of-steel
:o
Brave New World

ryan4butler wrote:Recent Article
Rumor: Man of Steel could feature the most brutal superhero beatdown ever filmed

New rumors circulating about the new Superman movie Man of Steel include a massive, vicious fight for Clark Kent — only it's not with the villain you expect. Spoilers ahead...

Superman reportedly gets his ass kicked not by General Zod, but by his sidekick, Faora. And apparently it's three times worse than another famous superhero smackdown.

Comic Book Movie has a report from their Super Hero Hype message boards, taken from an alleged source close to the production:

"In line with what I've heard, Superman barely scrapes by in the movie against Zod and Faora and other supposed less powerful enemies, the person who literally beats the bloody hell out of him the most is not Zod (he actually apparently fares much better against the General) is Faora. You know the ass kicking Spider-Man receives from Green Goblin in spider-man 1 what with Tobey screaming in major pain with each punch and knee that Goblin gives him... multiply that by 3 and that's what Faora does to Superman. Or of Omni-Man's beat down of Invincible.

At first they're not as powerful but later on as she applies her fight training and adapts them to her powers, she gives Superman one of the worst beatings a hero has faced on camera... She "Doomsdays" him... literally pulverizing him with precision and lethal strength with hitting pressure-points, nerves and even just outclasses Supes in bare knuckle and gives Supes a severe beat down...he's total agony this entire time, bloody and broken and barely gets away. My buddy doesn't know at all how Superman defeats these guys eventually but he did say that Superman in this film gets hurt a lot more easily than Routh's pre-crisis Superman...the military can hurt him too but Faora pretty much nearly kills him in hand to hand."

Of course this is totally unconfirmed and just a rumor at this point, but it sounds pretty exciting. A Superman who actually has some vulnerability could wind up being more heroic than a version of Supes that shakes off any challenge.
This won't be as brutal as Batman vs. Bane Round 1. And I hope these fights are like DBZ. I've always wanted to see Superman fight someone in the style of DBZ.

Red Hood wrote:
ryan4butler wrote:Recent Article

This won't be as brutal as Batman vs. Bane Round 1. And I hope these fights are like DBZ. I've always wanted to see Superman fight someone in the style of DBZ.
I agree, because the audience thought that Batman could possibly die. This was the first time it' ever happened to a superhero.

Murphy528 wrote:Here's what I personally think. WB did in fact somewhat force Nolan into the ending we got in TDKR. And the whole thing about MoS not being a part of a future Justice League continuity is a total lie. They KNOW that they want a quick way to compete with The Avengers, so they're rushing through a plan to connect all these movies, with which Nolan's trilogy counts. ... indirectly. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (I'd put money on this) would be Batman in the Justice League film, which connects Nolan's trilogy to it. Henry Cavill is Superman in the Justice League movie. Bank on it.

As much as I absolutely loved TDKR and was blown away by it, there are decisions made in that film that totally reek of studio interference.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel
Justice League
(Whatever else is made; Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.)

^^ They inhabit the same universe. You just watch. The easy excuse is that you can ignore everything outside of Nolan's trilogy if you want (which is fair). Bruce's story is done, Alfred is done - nobody really has to return except for Joseph Gordon-Levitt.
I don't think so, beacause in TDKR Joseph is Robin. That is just a reference to a character from comic books.

ryan4butler wrote:
Red Hood wrote:
That sounds very believable.
I dont believe it, wasnt he wearing a black zod like suit during filming?
i think this was taken when they were doing the smallville battle scenes in the movie

I wonder who they might cast as the older lana lang and if she will appear in the sequel or not

Wait this thread is still open?