Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
Ani-Nation wrote:
Alan Kistler ‏@SizzlerKistler 50m
@sand_rad @Crazy4ComicCon I misspoke, the embargo is only until Monday. Though the advanced response I'm hearing personally is not good.
:?
I find that hard to believe.

slimshady247 wrote:
Ani-Nation wrote:
Alan Kistler ‏@SizzlerKistler 50m
@sand_rad @Crazy4ComicCon I misspoke, the embargo is only until Monday. Though the advanced response I'm hearing personally is not good.
:?
I find that hard to believe.

So is anyone worried about the embargo or no?

Allstar wrote:So is anyone worried about the embargo or no?
Kind of, yes. At this point, I've got tickets and I'm going Thursday. I've put a lot of expectations in the Man of Steel basket and I hope I'm walking out happy. The above tweet is mildly disconcerting.

Whatever, man. Drew McWeeny loved it [he posted a few vague tweets that were undeniably positive], and so I'm pretty sure I'll love it too. Don't think I've ever disagreed with any of his genre film reviews.

Allstar wrote:So is anyone worried about the embargo or no?
Not in the slightest. I hate this idea that an embargo is placed on reviews because the movie studio knows the movie sucks. They would not be doing this kind of publicity if they thought they're movie was terrible. The embrago is simply to prevent spoilers/prevent bias from jading all of us.

Frosty loved it too, but he loves everything.

-Vader

Red Hood wrote:Because of some of the backlash it got for Amy Adams and the editing, now I think it will be at least 80% fresh.

EDIT: Screw it. If it gets at least 60% I'll be happy.
Geez, is the early word really starting to get that negative? So far all I've seen is mostly positive responses.

This guy liked it.

http://cwtampa.cbslocal.com/2013/06/09/ ... -of-steel/

" Man of Steel is a great start to kicking off the new franchise that will hopefully lead us into a long-awaited Justice League movie. It seems Cavill, Snyder and a little mentoring from Christopher Nolan has the DC Universe moving in the right direction on the big screen. Overall, I give Man of Steel 3 1/2 out of 4 super potatoes."