Who should play Lex Luthor?

Discussion of the Superman reboot produced by Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas.
Okay, so I like most am stoked that Lex isn't the villain, but wouldn't it be awesome for like a small cameo appearance. So who do you think should play him, whether it be a cameo or in the sequel, or what?

My personal pick for the role is none other than

I don't even think he needs to be bald, I personally don't see the baldness as a critical feature of the character.

Yeah, for some reason I think a big star is always the way to go with Luthor.

Although I must say that baldness is a must.

That doesn't mean that I'd entertain dumbass suggestions like BROOCE WILIS LOL.

DiCaprio would be fun, but Tarantino is first to the punch in casting him as a villain.

For some reason I like the idea of casting totally against type and going for George Clooney.

Giovanni Ribisi would be interesting. He's really good at playing shady characters. Very underrated actor imo.

jcvargas09 wrote:Giovanni Ribisi would be interesting. He's really good at playing shady characters. Very underrated actor imo.

Unique, but good choice.

I was going to say Kevin Spacey but then...

Here are odd ideas. Are we going bald? Because there seems to me be minimal consistency besides being a meanie.

I still don't think he HAS to be bald. Sure, it's always been like that, but there's no real reason behind it. It wouldn't alter anything to have him not be bald.

So once again, I put forth my pick

Come on, you know you want it, you crave it.

If Marvel didn't steal Guy Pearce for Iron Man 3 I would say him but too late for that.

Lex Luthor is bald, so whoever they choose will end up shaving his head for the movie.

Fassbender would have been perfect for the role - he looks charismatic, charming, aristocratic and dangerous at the same time, and I think he would have rocked the bald look. Too bad he is playing Magneto.

ComptonTerry wrote:If Marvel didn't steal Guy Pearce for Iron Man 3 I would say him but too late for that.
This.

I can only imagine one actor playing Luthor in the new series:

BlairCo wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:If Marvel didn't steal Guy Pearce for Iron Man 3 I would say him but too late for that.
This.

I can only imagine one actor playing Luthor in the new series:
That's a good choice actually. His acting is underrated IMO.

Charismatic, check.
Charming, check.
Aristocratic, check.
Dangerous, check.
Rocking the bald look, check.

P.S - Don't think he will get cast though. Has he done anything recently?