Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ryan4butler wrote:
solo2001 wrote: Nothing personal I just disapprove of everything on the MoS board.
Snyder? :facepalm:
:facepalm: :facepalm:

I prefer RedLetterMedia's What's Your Number shared universe theory.

Interesting interpretation. I basically thought the same thing as jcvargas. Reminds me of the symbolism of the doves in Superman Earth One.

SilverHeart wrote:Image
Wow this one was amazing.

Well apparently my last comment was not welcome even though it wasn't meant to be inflammatory.

ANYWAY, I don't think this will happen. They will reboot it in my opinion.

Murphy528 wrote:Here's what I personally think. WB did in fact somewhat force Nolan into the ending we got in TDKR. And the whole thing about MoS not being a part of a future Justice League continuity is a total lie. They KNOW that they want a quick way to compete with The Avengers, so they're rushing through a plan to connect all these movies, with which Nolan's trilogy counts. ... indirectly. Joseph Gordon-Levitt (I'd put money on this) would be Batman in the Justice League film, which connects Nolan's trilogy to it. Henry Cavill is Superman in the Justice League movie. Bank on it.

As much as I absolutely loved TDKR and was blown away by it, there are decisions made in that film that totally reek of studio interference.

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Man of Steel
Justice League
(Whatever else is made; Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.)

^^ They inhabit the same universe. You just watch. The easy excuse is that you can ignore everything outside of Nolan's trilogy if you want (which is fair). Bruce's story is done, Alfred is done - nobody really has to return except for Joseph Gordon-Levitt.

I hear what you are saying and I can see this occuring.

Plus with Bales/Batmna still alive, it provides another option if they ever want to bring back Bales Bruce Wayne into the Justice League films, where they would say something like we need Bruce Wayne or something. The ending of TDKRises provides so many open ended possibilities.

I also had heard that Nolans Bat film Universe are the actual foundation for the beginning of DC' Universe on film. The events of MOS will be occuring after the events of Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy. So the Dark Knight Trilogy and it's Universe will indeed be in the same Universe as the upcoming MOS film. I do not know where the Green Lantern films Universe with Reynolds will fit into it, IF it will, which I doubt, but it is possible that the can just insert Reynolds Hal Jordan into the upcoming JL film without having to explain any of the events in the Green Lantern film. So many possibilities.

I can see Caines Alfred sticking around to assist JGL, while Bales Bruce Wayne is off traveling the world with Selina so to speak.

I am 95% certain though that the MOS film will lead into or tie in to the eventual Justice League film with Cavill as Supes all the way through of course.

ryan4butler wrote:
Murphy528 wrote:
That's a legitimate possibility (we can't know for sure; it's truly up in the air), but I refuse to believe that WB isn't so money hungry that they would try to churn this out as quickly as possible. A long way away seems improbable. They want their Avengers and they want it now. But who knows?
For the next 4-6 years. WB will be making 1 film per year with a Justice League Memebr (DC heroes).

I think the Justice League film will have a release date of say 2016 or 2017. Just watch.

Murphy528 wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: For the next 4-6 years. WB will be making 1 film per year with a Justice League Memebr (DC heroes).
I'm concerned that Wonder Woman might be a lost cause to them. I think she could easily carry her own movie (essentially handle it like a female Thor), but I don't know if WB would ever be convinced that a female can be the star of her own film. This goes for Hollywood in general too. Whenever they attempt it, we end up getting Catwoman, Elektra, Tomb Raider, Resident Evil, Barb Wire... all dreadful movies. :suicide:

They can do a WW film like Thor/Troy but on a smaller scale with the budget needing to be a disciplined budget of around 85 million.

They would not need to go over the top with the budget. That is the key.

BlairCo wrote:I'm against a Justice League Film. People will start labeling it as a 'The Avengers' rip-off.

Only stupid people would call it that. :problem:

Murphy528 wrote:I hate that this will all boil down to DC/WB wanting to desperately compete with Marvel for $$$.

I will say, if you're looking at Marvel's live action films, DC's Animated division is kicking them in the ass. They're doing some phenomenal work that is just mopping the floor with Marvel.

Batman: Year One
Superman VS. The Elite
All-Star Superman
Batman: Under the Red Hood

These "cartoons" have writing that is making The Avengers look like after-school specials.
This is where DC is definitely at its strongest right now.
And the comics, well, they've always been kicking Marvel's ass. I can't even name a single Marvel graphic novel, let alone one that's had cultural impact like Watchmen or The Dark Knight Returns, or V For Vendetta, or Year One.

Agreed! DC's Animated Movies are better written then any of the Marvels films have been and Avengers.

Avengers was a film aimed at the kiddies anyways. haha