Zack Snyder's Direction of Man of Steel

Discussion of the Superman reboot produced by Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas.
IDK about his style.

ryan4butler wrote:IDK about his style.
I do.
Snyder has a flair for visual talent, using many different bright colours to make the screen look incredible. With his distinct love of action and slo-mo, a story's gotta be there somewhere, but luckily with both Nolans :thumbup: ing the script, it should be fine.

I'm concerned with his love for cgi I don't like that but I love some of the colors

ryan4butler wrote:I'm concerned with his love for cgi I don't like that but I love some of the colors
His CGI always looks good because of the colours and ingeniuty behind them.

Maybe this will mark a shift in his style.

jibran wrote:Maybe this will mark a shift in his style.
Yeah there was only one cgi shot in the trailer. He mostly focused on nature. It had a Terrence Malick feel.

ryan4butler wrote:
jibran wrote:Maybe this will mark a shift in his style.
Yeah there was only one cgi shot in the trailer. He mostly focused on nature. It had a Terrence Malick feel.
Yes it did, but that was all the non-superman stuff. Considering Zod is the secondary character, I think there will be lots of Superman stuff happening- therefore action- therefore CGI, brilliant CGI.

Threshold wrote:
ryan4butler wrote: Yeah there was only one cgi shot in the trailer. He mostly focused on nature. It had a Terrence Malick feel.
Yes it did, but that was all the non-superman stuff. Considering Zod is the secondary character, I think there will be lots of Superman stuff happening- therefore action- therefore CGI, brilliant CGI.
I see a Snyder fan here. :)

What I'm wondering is instead of Snyder being so non-Snyder for MoS because Nolan and Goyer have him on a leash, what if Snyder is actually learning new things and genuinely changing his artistic style?

Because judging from the trailer, if you were to show it to me for the first time, I would never have thought this a Snyder film. My hope is that he has consciously stopped making his films look like anime flicks or music videos.

I think Snyder will do a great job. He can't possibly go wrong with this. I hope.