Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
ryan4butler wrote:
Bacon wrote:Not racist at all, but was Perry White ever black in the comics?
Nope. His origional name was changed because it was too ethnic.
How was it changed?

Place to put Man of Steel GIFs. I'd like to see some that people have made. Especially some from Comic-Con and such.

I can't think of a better choice working in the industry today... not off the top of my head.

Someone once suggested that Karen Allen would have been the perfect Lois Lane. I'd have to agree.
Ah, böwakawa! Poussé, poussé...

I would have opted for Rachel McAdams actually, but I guess Snyder went for a proven actress rather than someone who would looked more appropriate. And I respect that.

oracle86 wrote:I would have opted for Rachel McAdams actually, but I guess Snyder went for a proven actress rather than someone who would looked more appropriate. And I respect that.
Better, not a critic against McAdams but against Synder, he normally hires girls who can't act (in Sucker Punch and Watchmen), Adams is a safe(r) bet. I think she's great but I'm not very fond of the character herself. I've seen three incarnations (Margot Kidder-Lois, Erica Durance-Lois and Abomination-From-Superman-Returns-Lois) and I personally don't find the character interesting. I've not read the comics thought, I don't know if she's more potential or they gave all that's there.

PD: Did you know that this girl played some kind of Cannibal-Monster-of-the-Week in the first season of Smallville? Promoted to love interest now. Irony?
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:PD: Did you know that this girl played some kind of Cannibal-Monster-of-the-Week in the first season of Smallville? Promoted to love interest now. Irony?
OMFG! I remember that episode. :sick:

I stopped watching Smallville after season 1. Was too emo for my taste.

oracle86 wrote:
didich wrote:PD: Did you know that this girl played some kind of Cannibal-Monster-of-the-Week in the first season of Smallville? Promoted to love interest now. Irony?
OMFG! I remember that episode. :sick:

I stopped watching Smallville after season 1. Was too emo for my taste.
I skipped directly to the last seasons, still emo.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

The only good actors in that show were Michael Rosenbaum and Allison Mack. To this day, I've no idea how that show lasted 10 years.

TEN YEARS. The mind boggles. :shock:

But back on topic, Lois Lane can be an interesting character. After all, she has been the embodiment of the modern working woman since the 70s. I hope she isn't just a plot device in the movie. It would be nice if her character was fleshed out.

I would've preferred to see Mortensen as Zod but Shannon is also one of my favs.