Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman

Discussion of the Superman reboot produced by Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas.
How do you think, he'll be? I have yet to see him in a movie, so i have no idea how good of an actor he is, but I'm excited to see how he pulls off Superman.

I originally wanted Arm & Hammer for this role, but thinking about it more, Cavill is essentially perfect. If he does this well, it will definitely put him at the top of the A-list like the Dark Knight Trilogy did for Bale.

Bacon wrote:How do you think, he'll be? I have yet to see him in a movie, so i have no idea how good of an actor he is, but I'm excited to see how he pulls off Superman.
I had no idea you've yet to see him in the movie.

EDIT: Oh, I thought you said 'the' not 'a'.

I have no clue either.

-Vader

Based on the Comic Con trailer footage, it looks like he has done a great job.

Fingers crossed.

Yeah I've never seen a film with Cavill, but based on just his looks and how Superman-y he feels, I have high hopes. Loved what I saw from the comic-con trailer too, nice delivery and his facial-acting looked great, both as the lost troubled fisherman and as the confident Superman soaking up the sun.

He was great in Immortals. Particularly the scenes he shared with John Hurt, Freida Pinto and of course Mickey Rourke.

He's not a great actor from what I saw of him, but im sure they casted him for a reason (other than looks).

ryan4butler wrote:He's not a great actor from what I saw of him, but im sure they casted him for a reason (other than looks).
This is going to be his breakout role for sure.

I quite liked him as Charles Brandon in the Tudors, he can do action as seen in Immortals (and he's got the looks for the part). So I'm hopeful.

From what I watched I would say he's a good choice. Nothing special, maybe mudane, but infinitely better than Brandon Robot.