Man of Steel (2013)

All non-Nolan related film, tv, and streaming discussions.
lol first time stepping into this thread.

Haven't seen it in a while but I quite liked it 8.5/10 yo

A for me.

I heard a lot of hate for the movie, but it was fairly enjoyable for the most part. Not mind blowing in any way but not the disaster some made it to be or anything. Not a Snyder fan at all, 300 is more one dimensional than the source material, and Watchmen was devoid of the tension and black humour that made the book such a classic. So I give him a pass here. I guess the storyline is kind of lacklustre but it's my only real problem, doesn't do anything new or particularly engaging.

The cast is all pretty solid, Cavill is the stand out to me and does a decent job, he also looks the part (his accent slips once that I noticed). Crowe does his usual schtick, Shannon was okay but nothing like Take Shelter. The soundtrack is good but after Inception and TDK it's forgettable instead of immediately making me check it out after seeing the movie. At least it's better than Superman Returns which is a shameful remake in disguise. Didn't care that much about the two big problems people seem to have in the finale (the fight collateral and it's climax) and it was fun to see a modern take on super fighting powers, flying etc.

My only issue is with the critics unwarranted negative reception of man of steel a film inspired by some of the best superman comics ever written has received .By the same film critics who praised singer's 2006 rehash of the donner film .

manofsteel1 wrote:My only issue is with the critics unwarranted negative reception of man of steel a film inspired by some of the best superman comics ever written has received .By the same film critics who praised singer's 2006 rehash of the donner film .
"Unwarranted negative reception"? lmfao

manofsteel1 wrote:My only issue is with the critics unwarranted negative reception of man of steel a film inspired by some of the best superman comics ever written has received .By the same film critics who praised singer's 2006 rehash of the donner film .
This idiot is something else alright :lol:

Henry Cavill certainly has the looks, damn what a handsome man! However, I was afraid that he might not have acting capabilities to bring Clark/Superman to life. But he did. He gave a stellar performance as the man of steel, I really liked it. I'm looking forward to his return I hope that even he's gonna get busy they give him enough character development to fill in.

"Fresh off working with Warner Bros. on Her, it seems Joaquin Phoenix is being eyed by the studio for the villain role in Zack Snyder‘s Batman vs. Superman. Variety reports the actors has been offered the lead bad guy rule, believed to be Lex Luthor.

According to Variety, Phoenix has been offered the role but has yet to accept. He’s never been one to do big studio blockbusters and also is reportedly up for a new Gus Van Sant film, Sea of Trees, which seems much more in his wheelhouse. So that puts some big question marks around the possibility of him playing the role. It would be a surprise if he takes the villain job.

What offering the role to Phoenix does, though, is confirm that other actors up for the film, like Jason Momoa, are not in line for the main bad guy role. Phoenix is a whole different breed of actor and his character would obviously be something more prominent, sinister and cerebral. And after the teases in Man of Steel, Luthor is by far the best option.

We’ll obviously have much more on this as it develops, but what do you think about Phoenix potentially doing battle with Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill?"

http://www.slashfilm.com/joaquin-phoeni ... -superman/

Has my article been authorised?

BloodMoneyX wrote:Has my article been authorised?
Authorize THIS!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: