Henry Cavill as Clark Kent/Superman

Discussion of the Superman reboot produced by Christopher Nolan and Emma Thomas.
Henry Cavill was born to play superman so it does not surprise me that he gave the best lead performance in superhero film history 8-) .

manofsteel1 wrote:Henry Cavill was born to play superman so it does not surprise me that he gave the best lead performance in superhero film history 8-) .

I didn't like what they did with the character of superman tbh. He's supposed to be a proud individual, someone for people to look up too, not some kid who was being bullied and depressed as he grew older. He was anyway made by two orphans for an ideal to look up too, the core element of superman being superman was missing.

Also the unessecary fight scenes were frustrating, I watched the film twice...when kal-el and zod and his minions or whatever were fighting in small ville, i walked out and came back half an hour later...

Although, I must admit...the exoticness of krypton was frigging masterful...it felt like i was in the john carter universe.

BlairCo wrote:
manofsteel1 wrote:Henry Cavill was born to play superman so it does not surprise me that he gave the best lead performance in superhero film history 8-) .
good head son :clap:

Now Where Was I ? wrote:He was great but Superman isn't tough to play, you just have to look the part TBH
I respect your opinion but i have to respectfully disagree Henry is one of bravest actors in the world to actually portray superman. After what the superman curse has done to George reeves , Christopher reeve and Brandon Routh .

manofsteel1 wrote: I respect your opinion but i have to respectfully disagree Henry is one of bravest actors in the world to actually portray superman. After what the superman curse has done to George reeves , Christopher reeve and Brandon Routh .
How the hell does that make him "one of [the] bravest actors in the world to actually portray Superman"?

Henry Cavill certainly has the looks, damn what a handsome man! However, I was afraid that he might not have acting capabilities to bring Clark/Superman to life. But he did. He gave a stellar performance as the man of steel, I really liked it. I'm looking forward to his return I hope that even he's gonna get busy they give him enough character development to fill in.