Let's meet on Skype if possible...

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
I have my Skype account online to whoever can make it for the next couple of hours. Just hoping to sync up with the rest of the guys and see where we are.

I don't own a webcam right now but i think i won't be needed right now for this

Shoot. It's getting tough to get everyone onboard. #1fan, without the directors, I'm not sure what progress to expect from you. :( Gah... we're going nowhere... :(

#1fan, PM me your skype account.

Sooo sorry I have not reported lately. I checked with #1fan (mayb you all knew this already) and he was able to work with my test footage and do all those effects, etc. So I believe I'm pretty much set as far as that is concerned. If there is anything else I'm missing let me know, but I believe I'm ready to shoot, or else we should also prob. hav another skype session beoforehand.

I sent a message asking the craigslist ad responders how their schedules would work for the next few weeks. I have more time now, and I want to get it shot before winter hits us here.

movieman, can you or #1fan lay out exactly what the process did he do to make it all work. We should also put the materials on your dropbox so we can all review the deliverable. We want to see what the look will be and if it will fit your part.

What I hope for is that Erik likes what he sees and that we all are clear with the direction to take. #1fan should provide steps of what he did and what software he used (if any) to make it work. Basically, we want to step into the shooting phase with a very clear idea of how to use the materials being produced.

All test footage and materials from you, NothinButM and xWhereAmI should be on Drop Box for now. We'll refer Anita there as well. Editors will take the footage from there and basically confirm that yes, the output the directors generate can be used, providing documentation of what they did. We're trying to be systematic with what's happening here.

Did the others post any footage and/or get it squared away with #1fan yet?

Basically I told #1fan the video format I was planning to shoot on and showed him our dropbox account with the test footage. He said he could download/open the files, so I'm assuming that means he can open them and edit them in adobe (#1fan feel free to chime in on all this to make sure I've got it right). He can also do b and w and that pleasantville effect (assuming we do it, should consult on all of this again).

Unfortunately, I haven't posted any footage.

Still learning how to use my new equipment along with work and school. Once I again, like a broken record, I apologize.

I'll have some stills of the location I'll be using soon along with the edits of the script I need to run by Erik.

I'll need to get together with movieman1005 sometime to see if we can figure out some things. Primarily the transitions from my sequence into his (if the one I haven't mentioned isn't to anyone's liking), and then from his back into mine.

I'll try my best to make it tomorrow. My internet connection has been on the fritz for a couple months back at my place, so I'll try to be someplace that has a stable connection and I can stay for awhile.

NBM

niniendowarrior wrote:Shoot. It's getting tough to get everyone onboard. #1fan, without the directors, I'm not sure what progress to expect from you. :( Gah... we're going nowhere... :(

#1fan, PM me your skype account.
since i dont own a webcam i dont have a skype account

You don't need a webcam for Skype. You can also use it for chat (like msn) or calls (with a microphone).
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

#1fan, if you can, please get a skype account as we're using it to conduct team meetings. I'm not sure why webcam is necessary for a skype account. I'm presuming you're thinking of webcams with microphones built-in. Skype has chatting features too, so if you can sign up, we can use it as an instant messenger.

movieman, I think you need to outline everything you need #1fan to do with the video footage you provide. #1fan should use the test footage and provide a result with all the post edits you need or hope to use (black & white... pleasantville post-edits, etc.) The most important thing for you as a director is to decide on what you want. The pleasantville style of colouring is all well and good, but you have to make the decision on whether to use it or not. Maybe #1fan's test result to us all in Drop Box can help you decide whether it looks good or not. Imagining what the result looks like isn't the same as having the actual video reel with the finished edits.

Let's meet up on skype.