Second Director's Meeting Minutes

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
Posts: 962
Joined: June 2009
Minutes of the Meeting:

movieman1005 provided photos (black/white and coloured) and video clips of possible locations for:
EXT. SUBURBAN STREET - NIGHT
EXT. SUBURBAN SIDEWALK - NIGHT
EXT. RAINY STREET - NIGHT

These are preliminary materials for Anita18 and our Editors. Anita should go over these materials as it gives some concrete idea how movieman1005 plans to take on his segments.

movieman1005 is tentatively going to do the flashback sequences in black and white and NothingButM believes the footage can be fixed in post to provide a more night time feel. With the pictures on post production, it maybe possible to edit the fill light and intensity of the light source to produce night time footage. We want editors to take the material from movieman1005 and play around with this to see if we can have a believable night footage.

Another hitch we found in black and white sequences is that some of the evidences are specified in colour. movieman1005 thinks it might work if we left those bits in colour (while keeping the rest in black and white). Editors should try this out as well. Might not come out right because the coloured objects might look 'daylight bright'.

Overall, we think the location is good, but movieman1005 has another location in mind. He will hopefull have footage and pictures ready by next week. Movieman1005 will also provide descriptions for camera work and other details for the storyboard.

For the kind of music, movieman1005 has not given much thought about it but feels something more atmospheric will work. Quicker tempo is needed for the robbery shots. Nothing too loud no matter what the music is. Will need to think about it and may have an idea what sort of music he is looking for next week.

Location Footage Expected:
Suburban location #1 (provided in this meeting)
Suburban location #2 (for next week's meeting)
Interrogation Room (for next week's meeting)

Video Clip Information:
Video container extension (.m2t)
VIDEO MPEG2 AUDIO MPA
VIDEO: MPEG2 1440x1080 (aspect 3) 29.970 fps 25000.0 kbps (3125.0 kbyte/s)
Selected video codec: [ffmpeg2] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg MPEG-2)
Opening audio decoder: [mp3lib] MPEG layer-2, layer-3
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 384.0 kbit/25.00% (ratio: 48000->192000)
Selected audio codec: [mp3] afm: mp3lib (mp3lib MPEG layer-2, layer-3)

movieman1005 has concern over the rain sequence on how to keep equipments dry as he has no experience doing this.

In summary:
1. movieman1005 provided footage of locations.
* editors must look into the footage:
+ see if what NothingbutM said is possible.
+ see about coloured objects in black and white.
* Anita18 must look into the footage to review movieman1005's approach to the segments. Any question and possible storyboarding issues must be raised.
2. movieman1005 will provide descriptions and extra footage for next week.
3. movieman1005 has concern over rainy scenes.
4. movieman1005 will send links to materials this week via PM to NothingButM, niniendowarrior, and Erik.
5. niniendowarrior wants to request from Erik, TeddyBlass, AlexHaas to change the TreMisfatti forum visibility to private, if possible.
6. movieman1005 provided ideas of music score ideas for his segments.

Next week's Meeting (September 19, 2011)
Tentatively 10:30 PM Eastern

People required to join:
NothingButM
movieman1005
xWhereAmIx
Anita18

Optional:
niniendowarrior
Erik

For people who have problems with making it, please post all the possible times you can have a meeting. We will adjust accordingly and set up a different meeting for those people if need be. Also, please have a skype account for the meetings.

Editors (#1fan) and Anita18, please request the materials via PM to movieman1005.

The Crew:
http://www.nolanfans.com/forums/viewtop ... =35&t=6710

Posts: 1883
Joined: March 2009
Location: Leiden
Good work guys, this thing is really getting shaped!
niniendowarrior wrote:5. niniendowarrior wants to request from Erik, TeddyBlass, AlexHaas to change the TreMisfatti forum visibility to private, if possible.
I disagree on this. The collaboration has always been there for NolanFans.com and it's users. Even though the other people are not participating, they should be allowed to watch the updates. It may attract new people for this or a future collaboration project.
People who do not participate this time, should not post here. Fortiunately untill now, they only posted on topics where they were allowed to ("Production 2011" and "Sign up"). Why set it private?

Posts: 3551
Joined: January 2011
Location: Here?
I couldn't make it to yesterday's meeting because I didn't get a conformation it was yesterday and I had to use the skype app.

Posts: 3551
Joined: January 2011
Location: Here?
I will also go around today or next week and film/take pictures of locations I have in mind.

Posts: 962
Joined: June 2009
Erik wrote:Good work guys, this thing is really getting shaped!
niniendowarrior wrote:5. niniendowarrior wants to request from Erik, TeddyBlass, AlexHaas to change the TreMisfatti forum visibility to private, if possible.
I disagree on this. The collaboration has always been there for NolanFans.com and it's users. Even though the other people are not participating, they should be allowed to watch the updates. It may attract new people for this or a future collaboration project.
People who do not participate this time, should not post here. Fortiunately untill now, they only posted on topics where they were allowed to ("Production 2011" and "Sign up"). Why set it private?
Because at this point, we don't need new people. If we need new people, we'll just post asking for that. Second, we don't need to have the process exposed to everyone and allow people to start side-commenting what we do. Third, it is a collaborative effort in NolanFans.com and its users. We are all part of NolanFans.com. Fourth, we don't want to ruin the surprise of what we're doing here. This is the reason why none of the materials that movieman1005 has been posted here and why none of the test footage, etc. will (or should) ever be.

Posts: 962
Joined: June 2009
xWhereAmI? wrote:I couldn't make it to yesterday's meeting because I didn't get a conformation it was yesterday and I had to use the skype app.
No problem. You know where we stand right now so, you can start working on the materials and get it ready for the third meeting.

Posts: 962
Joined: June 2009
It would be ideal that every director supplies footage so that we can see if we have a consistent look from each video when put together.

Posts: 351
Joined: February 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
niniendowarrior wrote:It would be ideal that every director supplies footage so that we can see if we have a consistent look from each video when put together.
Working on it already. Already have a location. I'll take some stills of the setting.

However, my camera won't be delivered until next Monday. So it'll have to wait till then. I can get some footage of the place but it'll be on different settings than the camera I'll be using later.

Also, I found a lossless codec I need to talk to you about. When are you usually on Skype?

Posts: 351
Joined: February 2010
Location: El Paso, TX
niniendowarrior wrote:
Erik wrote:Good work guys, this thing is really getting shaped!


I disagree on this. The collaboration has always been there for NolanFans.com and it's users. Even though the other people are not participating, they should be allowed to watch the updates. It may attract new people for this or a future collaboration project.
People who do not participate this time, should not post here. Fortiunately untill now, they only posted on topics where they were allowed to ("Production 2011" and "Sign up"). Why set it private?
Because at this point, we don't need new people. If we need new people, we'll just post asking for that. Second, we don't need to have the process exposed to everyone and allow people to start side-commenting what we do. Third, it is a collaborative effort in NolanFans.com and its users. We are all part of NolanFans.com. Fourth, we don't want to ruin the surprise of what we're doing here. This is the reason why none of the materials that movieman1005 has been posted here and why none of the test footage, etc. will (or should) ever be.
I'm also in favor of creating a sub, private,-forum for us directors and editors. It's just easier to share info, details, and in depth parts of the process. I understand you (Erik) want to keep it a communal effort and that is great, but we have our team and we need an easier and more private means of coordinating the project now.

Posts: 962
Joined: June 2009
NothinButM wrote:
niniendowarrior wrote:It would be ideal that every director supplies footage so that we can see if we have a consistent look from each video when put together.
Working on it already. Already have a location. I'll take some stills of the setting.

However, my camera won't be delivered until next Monday. So it'll have to wait till then. I can get some footage of the place but it'll be on different settings than the camera I'll be using later.

Also, I found a lossless codec I need to talk to you about. When are you usually on Skype?
I can go online right now. Normally, I can go online on skype from around 10 pm Eastern (week days) all the way up to around 4 am Eastern, assuming work isn't so bad.

I think if you're going to film using a different camera, then might as well wait for that one. Snapshots are welcome for Anita.

Post Reply