Director topic

A collaborative project utilizing the many talents of the forums' aspiring filmmakers.
Good day directors,

As we are finishing the writing stage, we can start focussing on your job; directing the interrogation video's. The screenplays will be published early in the next week, hopefully even the weekend.

We need to make sure that a few things happen;
Deadline
I have no idea what kind of deadline we can set. I guess September 30th must be doable? The directors do not have to direct a huge movie. Anyway, if you can finish earlier, please do. If you can't make the deadline, tell us in time.
Things you can't do
The screenplay is a bit strict. If the screenplay says there was a red car, it should be a red car. If you don't have excess to use a red car, mention in time. Maybe we can make some small changes in the screenplay. But you should stick to the screenplay as much as possible!
Editing
Directors, please contact your editor. You have to communicate about how he's going to finish your movie and how he's gonna recieve your footage. I guess we don't have to sattle that here, you can PM each other for that.

That's it for now. If anything comes in mind, I'll tell them ASAP. If you have any questions, please ask.
Good luck!
David emerges from the store slowly. He braces himself against a parked car and then keeps on walking in a nightmarish daze.

WE PULL BACK as David blends in with dozens and dozens of ordinary people, walking on an ordinary street, in an ordinary city.

does this mean the screenplay is finished

except for the present segments, the screen play is done

Oh boy! This is all moving so quickly!

Also, can someone give me some advice? This is my first short film and I am pretty nervous. Like, I just don't know what to do. :?

what do you want to know akv?

this is my first short as well, but i have filmed things a bit longer for film classes and friend's youtube accounts.

I am very pleased with the speed this is going. Only about a month ago did I start this whole thing, and now we are moving quickly.
Good job everyone!

freakybatman wrote:what do you want to know akv?

this is my first short as well, but i have filmed things a bit longer for film classes and friend's youtube accounts.

I am very pleased with the speed this is going. Only about a month ago did I start this whole thing, and now we are moving quickly.
Good job everyone!
Oh gosh! I don't know where to begin! Like how to work the camera, how to do the takes, cuts, and what not.

Well this is an extremely hard project to start on, but it can be done. I'd suggest having a friend co-direct it with you, just to have two opinions on how it should be directed.

The camera is goig to be on how you perceived the script you wrote. You clearly had a picture in your head, try to figure it out. For some shots you will need a tripod, for some you might want to hold it and have it be bumpy.

The takes is the easy part, before every shot you do, have a 'marker'. Something that in the film industry shows what scene you are doing, what take you are doing et cetera.
That way if you know the first take doesnt work, you can write down that take # 2 did work, and tell that to your editor.

freakybatman wrote:Well this is an extremely hard project to start on, but it can be done. I'd suggest having a friend co-direct it with you, just to have two opinions on how it should be directed.

The camera is goig to be on how you perceived the script you wrote. You clearly had a picture in your head, try to figure it out. For some shots you will need a tripod, for some you might want to hold it and have it be bumpy.

The takes is the easy part, before every shot you do, have a 'marker'. Something that in the film industry shows what scene you are doing, what take you are doing et cetera.
That way if you know the first take doesnt work, you can write down that take # 2 did work, and tell that to your editor.
Thanks. That does help my nerves. If I have any other questions I'll send you a PM.

glad to know I can help.
From this Saturday (tomorrow) through next Saturday I am gone, no internet access on an awesome week long camp out.

So I may not be available to help, shoot Erik or niniendowarrior a PM, they are good too

freakybatman wrote:glad to know I can help.
From this Saturday (tomorrow) through next Saturday I am gone, no internet access on an awesome week long camp out.

So I may not be available to help, shoot Erik or niniendowarrior a PM, they are good too
Agreed! They are awesome!

Enjoy your trip!