TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
RyanRises wrote:
Nolanoscopy wrote:
He has gotten 150+ posts in not even two days. And I have seen multiple threads where he just posts back to back to back without anyone in between.
Come on man why do you have to crusifie me for using the fromums now. I'm off for the summer and have a lot of extant time. I'm sorry but we're adults here. I thought this was a place where we could safely discuss our opinion.
memories

When I look back at Christy Lemire's AP review for TDKR

the justifications
By comparison, "The Dark Knight Rises" is plot-heavy, obsessed with process, laden with expository dialogue and flashbacks that bog down the momentum and – dare I say it? – just flat-out boring at times.
for why it's such a letdown
The absence of Heath Ledger, who won a posthumous Oscar for his portrayal of the anarchic and truly frightening Joker, is really obvious here. It retrospect, it makes you realize how crucial Ledger's performance was in making that Batman movie fly.
are fucking
But Nolan's approach is so coldly cerebral that it's a detriment to the film's emotional core. It's all doom and gloom and no heart. There is no reason to care about these characters, who function more as cogs in an elaborate, chaotic machine than as real people whose souls are at stake.
ridiculous
This is the problem when you're an exceptional, visionary filmmaker. When you give people something extraordinary, they expect it every time. Anything short of that feels like a letdown.

Cilogy wrote:When I look back at Christy Lemire's AP review for TDKR

the justifications
By comparison, "The Dark Knight Rises" is plot-heavy, obsessed with process, laden with expository dialogue and flashbacks that bog down the momentum and – dare I say it? – just flat-out boring at times.
for why it's such a letdown
The absence of Heath Ledger, who won a posthumous Oscar for his portrayal of the anarchic and truly frightening Joker, is really obvious here. It retrospect, it makes you realize how crucial Ledger's performance was in making that Batman movie fly.
are fucking
But Nolan's approach is so coldly cerebral that it's a detriment to the film's emotional core. It's all doom and gloom and no heart. There is no reason to care about these characters, who function more as cogs in an elaborate, chaotic machine than as real people whose souls are at stake.
ridiculous
This is the problem when you're an exceptional, visionary filmmaker. When you give people something extraordinary, they expect it every time. Anything short of that feels like a letdown.
That's why it's good to make your own opinion of a movie, instead of listening to someone else's review of it.