TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
DKnight007 wrote:
daveyf wrote:
92/108 = 85% fresh
16/108 = 15% rotten

What is weighted more heavily? Are you high?

I figure it should be in the 90% range buddy....not high 80's. Weird.

do you figure it should be as in you wish more people gave it fresh reviews?

92 divided by 108 is 85%. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Master Virgo wrote:I'm sorry to say this but I trust all those trolls in IMDb more than general reactions of critics in RT or MC or anywhere else.
surprise !!! I was going to say the same.. :P

herviross_2 wrote:Ahhhh, sorry guys! I said three based on this >> http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/criticreviews

Sorry once again. It was an honest mistake.
a better comparison would be to compare this movie to the Avengers/Amazing Spider-Man/Prometheus

the Avengers got 3 perfect scores on metacritic, Amazing Spider-Man 1, and Prometheus 1. So, relative to those movies, Rises is looking a little more impressive than I thought.
Last edited by Chris435 on July 18th, 2012, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

didich wrote:
Fran wrote:86% of critics so far think the film is worth seeing. That is all this really means.

If you want to know if this film is truly great and Oscar worthy, then you should check Metacritic. They use an average rating which is better as far as gauging a film.

I wouldn't get too frustrated with RT.
:facepalm: :facepalm: :suicide:

Guys, I'm sure I'll love TDKR as much as you will (maybe even more :modesty:) but this is just stupid.

Metacritic is ONE OF THE WORSE SITES to judge a film. First: It's too elitist, it just picks 'Metacritic and Its Awesome Friends'. What's the difference between this and the modus operandi of the Academy, who snubbed The Dark Knight.

Second: Besides, if you say it the first problem doesn't really matter because Top Critics are better - SURPRISE! A lot of Top Critics (who don't believe in the rating system) are excluded, so no, the critics you read at Metacritic are no crème de la crème, they are just four guys and a dog.

Third: As a consequence of its elitism, it's very genre biased. It's simple, because critics are human and have their bias, it's translated into the score.

Conclusion: Even with ALL ITS FLAWS, Rotten Tomatoes establishes a much more coherent consensus based on wider reviews, which is translated into less 'bias', a more accurate (if such thing can really exist) score for the film and a better balance between Score and Percentage (for the reasons I wrote in a prior post, I'll repeat them if it's needed).
Matter of opinion

I like Meta Critic because those are the so-called "professionals" who write for major publications and websites.

I think when you take the rt % and the rating score and the tc % and score all together, you get a pretty clear picture. I just wish they rrquired critics to submit a 1 to 10 score with their reviews. Then it would be close to perfect.

redbirds wrote:
DKnight007 wrote:

I figure it should be in the 90% range buddy....not high 80's. Weird.

do you figure it should be as in you wish more people gave it fresh reviews?

92 divided by 108 is 85%. Whats so hard to understand about that?

Lies...wrapped into more lies bro!

Whats so hard to know about that?