TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
DKnight007 wrote:With soooooo many strong and positive reviews for TDKRises, why are the minority of biased negative reviews being weighed more heavily on the RT scale?? It makes zero sense.

It goes to show RT scale is inaccurate to say the least.
Its simple mathematics :P for example,
now 92 fresh out of 108. =>( 92/108 ) * 100 = 85.18

DKnight007 wrote:With soooooo many strong and positive reviews for TDKRises, why are the minority of biased negative reviews being weighed more heavily on the RT scale?? It makes zero sense.

It goes to show RT scale is inaccurate to say the least.
I am trying to understand the logic of "a negative weighing more that a positive". When you really think about it, the rationale for TDKR needing "45 straight" positives to only reach a 90%, doesn't quite make sense. We are putting more weight into one person reviewing the film unfavorably, but low weight into say... 25 people reviewing the film favorably. :crazy:

The logic may exist in a pure quantitative aspect, but from a philosophical one, that same logic just doesn't add up.

my two cents...

Again, it's math.

Drewton wrote:Again, it's math.

Let me explain it to you: The reviews all count the same, but when there are more reviews it's more difficult for a single one to make a difference. The TDRK is a film with 87% of positive reviews = more more positive reviews than negatives. This means that, a single negative review won't be enough to change the percentage in a way we see it (because it's influence is minimal compared to the (let's say) 90 positive reviews there are). Because negative reviews are less numerous, it's easier for them to do the trick and lower the percentage.

If, for example, TDKR had 37% in RT then the reverse would be true, and a single positive review would be able to make the percentage higher.

Someone in the Discussion thread said that it would need 45 positives in a row (and no negatives, of course) to get to 90%. I think tomorrow will have a more accurate and stable projection of what the final score might be.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

Back to 86!

I know it's math, the point that I'm making is that the system RT uses could be greatly improved. To me their approach is very generic. I know there's a better system that could be implemented.

Drewton wrote:Back to 86!
:goNF: :goNF: The Dark Knight WILL RISE.
EfferTheMAN wrote:I know it's math, the point that I'm making is that the system RT uses could be greatly improved. To me their approach is very generic. I know there's a better system that could be implemented.
It's actually one of the best out there. It's like some kind of mirror, you look at it and say '87% of the critics (or general audience) think its a good movie', then you watch the film and declare 'I agree with them' or 'I do not'.

And then there's the score, which values ALL the revies (which write a score of course), and you see that it's about 8,3. This is a pretty high score, which means that the people who liked it liked it a lot and the ones who didn't did not hate it at all.

I think it's good because it establishes a consensus. Besides, it's more coherent than those sh*t like Metacritic. If you see a relatively low score, but a higher percentage (let's say Insomnia: 93% and 7,7) it will (for obvious reasons) probably mean that a lot of those who liked it/loved it did not write a score, or the total would be higher.
Last edited by didich on July 18th, 2012, 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

didich wrote:

Let me explain it to you: The reviews all count the same, but when there are more reviews it's more difficult for a single one to make a difference. The TDRK is a film with 87% of positive reviews = more more positive reviews than negatives. This means that, a single negative review won't be enough to change the percentage in a way we see it (because it's influence is minimal compared to the (let's say) 90 positive reviews there are). Because negative reviews are less numerous, it's easier for them to do the trick and lower the percentage.

If, for example, TDKR had 37% in RT then the reverse would be true, and a single positive review would be able to make the percentage higher.

Someone in the Discussion thread said that it would need 45 positives in a row (and no negatives, of course) to get to 90%. I think tomorrow will have a more accurate and stable projection of what the final score might be.
Makes sense lol, I just don't like the system hahaha

For those who "care" about the RT, just wait until friday the site will be overloaded with reviews.

82/100 at Metacritic. 7 perfect scores! :twothumbsup: In comparison, TDK received only 3 perfect scores.

EDIT: It's actually 16, not 3. Sorry!
Last edited by herviross_2 on July 18th, 2012, 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.