TDKR Reviews Discussion

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Monicabbm wrote:Paul Verhoeven ‏@paulverhoeven
The Dark Knight Rises: seventeen thumbs up. Stay tuned for my review on @TheVineonline tomorrow. RISE, DAMMIT.
I had to search that one, I thought for a second the director of Showgirls and Robocop had become a film critic.

Are those website scores put on RT?

EfferTheMAN wrote:...
not to be that guy, but i guess i am that guy :shifty:

technically, there were 3 negatives. 2 came from that Urban Cinefile site. What hurts even more is they actually liked Batman Begins AND the Dark Knight, but both didn't like this one :thumbdown:

You know what stinks about the Time Out NY review, the guy rated it 3/5 and he usually gives a movie a positive review with that rating. Yet, he rates both Dark Knight movies rotten with that rating :facepalm:

Fallglimmer05 wrote:
Monicabbm wrote:Paul Verhoeven ‏@paulverhoeven
The Dark Knight Rises: seventeen thumbs up. Stay tuned for my review on @TheVineonline tomorrow. RISE, DAMMIT.
I had to search that one, I thought for a second the director of Showgirls and Robocop had become a film critic.
:lol: @ "RISE, DAMMIT."
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Chris435 wrote:
EfferTheMAN wrote:...
not to be that guy, but i guess i am that guy :shifty:

technically, there were 3 negatives. 2 came from that Urban Cinefile site. What hurts even more is they actually liked Batman Begins AND the Dark Knight, but both didn't like this one :thumbdown:
Yeah that's gonna leave a mark.

Midnight Thursday can't get here soon enough.

Chris435 wrote:technically, there were 3 negatives. 2 came from that Urban Cinefile site. What hurts even more is they actually liked Batman Begins AND the Dark Knight, but both didn't like this one :thumbdown:
Surely enjoying the first two should always be a default shoe-in for the third. :P
Last edited by Mulumper on July 17th, 2012, 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aranion wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Sorry but the avengers being brain-dead got nothin to do with our personal tastes.The film is the very definition of "good dumb fun." You are fuckin delusional to think otherwise.
I actually think AVENGERS is a very smart film - it's just not terribly deep. Whedon, as both director and writer, pulled off an amazing magic trick by making the film entertaining, giving each character some kind of arc (though I'm not sure Thor really has one), and making it fun as all get out to watch.

AVENGERS is popcorn - it's very lightweight. But that's OK. That doesn't make it a bad film, or even inferior. It makes it a different kind of film.

Nolan's films - and here is where I disagree sharply with Faraci - are about something. There are themes, motifs, and ideas at play here, and in some significant ways, Nolan is demythologizing and deromanticizing the idea of a costumed hero. And so on. None of that is at play in AVENGERS.

I'll go back to my reaction seeing the second full TDKR trailer in front of AVENGERS: it was a two minute reminder that, after the tasty appetizer I was about consume, the full meal is coming soon.
^This. Perfectly stated.

And Faraci is a troll, not a movie critic. Best to ignore him. My guess is that by Friday the score will be in 90% range, if not higher. Everybody needs to chill.

Okay i had to google verhoeven to realize its not THAT verhoeven. me no smart :(
Last edited by Joeyjojo72 on July 17th, 2012, 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

84% is looking ugly.

EaZze wrote:84% is looking ugly.
Ugh. Get over it.