Anyone else doing their own version of "viral" marketing?

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
This probably falls within the realm of pointless threads, but bear with me.
Anyone else out there in NolanFan land doing their own version of viral marketing for this film?
Are you reminding friends to remind their friends to remind their friends?
Are you engaging in conversations with family members about your over-enthusiasm for the film?
"Yes, grandma, you need to see this movie; here's 12 reasons why..."
And then you show a prepared PowerPoint.
Me? I'm taking a fairly direct approach:

I've gotten at least ten different people asking me questions about who that "scary masked man" is.
One guy was like, "Who's that Spider-Man villain again?"
I'll probably change this photo every week or so up until release day.
I also frequent a comic book store where the majority of the regulars are Marvel-only fans.
It's an uphill battle, but they hear me out at least.
Anyone have similar tactics/stories/anecdotes?
The only morality in a cruel world is chance. Unbiased. Unprejudiced. Fair.

This has been my cover photo since December. I took it when I went to Pittsburgh in mid-August to see the filming on Smithfield St.

And naturally, I tell everyone about the movie. My grandma also asked, "Is that with Spider-Man?"

Hustler wrote:And naturally, I tell everyone about the movie. My grandma also asked, "Is that with Spider-Man?"
Got to love the grandparents. They do try.
And that tumbler pic. is awesome.
Is that a set photo, or did you take it?

I wouldn't call it marketing, but I scribble on the tables in my classes - leaving the bat logo, release date and a whole load of tag lines like "a fire will rise" - hoping that someone will notice after I've left. :lol:

JohnWayne wrote:I wouldn't call it marketing, but I scribble on the tables in my classes - leaving the bat logo, release date and a whole load of tag lines like "a fire will rise" - hoping that someone will notice after I've left. :lol:
Haha! I bet the custodian notices.
"Fucking kids and their damn graffiti!"

Big Bad Harv wrote:
Hustler wrote:And naturally, I tell everyone about the movie. My grandma also asked, "Is that with Spider-Man?"
Got to love the grandparents. They do try.
And that tumbler pic. is awesome.
Is that a set photo, or did you take it?
I took it. My girlfriend and I were doing circles around where they were shooting to get a better look. They would start at one end of the street, drive to the next, and come back... so we were constantly walking back and forth. During one of those times we walk around the corner and this was right in our faces. Most of the people guarding the blocked off sections were strict about not taking photos, but luckily the people watching over this Tumbler were pretty relaxed about it. In case you're interested, the scene we saw being filmed was the one in the trailer with the Bat chasing the Tumblers. Also, here are some more pics I took on the trip. http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 809&type=3

Hustler wrote:I took it when I went to Pittsburgh in mid-August to see the filming on Smithfield St.
Disregard my question.

Big Bad Harv wrote:
JohnWayne wrote:I wouldn't call it marketing, but I scribble on the tables in my classes - leaving the bat logo, release date and a whole load of tag lines like "a fire will rise" - hoping that someone will notice after I've left. :lol:
Haha! I bet the custodian notices.
"Fucking kids and their damn graffiti!"
lol. It's always clean the next day...and then back again.