TDKR Academy Awards Predictions

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
MTV has already written an article discussing the possibilities of TDKR taking home multiple awards next year at the Oscars.
Just wondering what you think TDKR might win even before seeing the film.

My guess:
Best Picture: NOM
Best Cinematography: WIN
Best Original Score: WIN
Best Director: WIN
Best Sound Editing: WIN
Best Sound Mixing: WIN
Best Art Direction: WIN
Best Makeup: NOM
Best Visual Effects: WIN

7 wins, 9 noms

Lol,not a chance.It will be lucky to get at least one win from it's 3-4 techinal nominations.

The Academy seems to hate Nolan, so I'd be surprised if they nominated him for Director, let alone win.

07202012 wrote:MTV has already written an article discussing the possibilities of TDKR taking home multiple awards next year at the Oscars.

My guess:

7 wins, 9 noms
Man, I guess you don't know anything about Oscar, it is not gonna happen, I predict all techical noms (few wins but not Wally) maybe director or film nom

Asanty wrote:
07202012 wrote:MTV has already written an article discussing the possibilities of TDKR taking home multiple awards next year at the Oscars.

My guess:

7 wins, 9 noms
Man, I guess you don't know anything about Oscar, it is not gonna happen, I predict all techical noms (few wins but not Wally) maybe director or film nom
Wally won for Inception.

Mr. Caine wrote:Lol,not a chance.It will be lucky to get at least one win from it's 3-4 techinal nominations.
Indeed. I do expect 2-3 tech noms, but I will be very pleased with more. People banking on a third batman movie sweeping the academy is setting themselves up for major disappointment. And they don't hate Nolan, he just makes fast-paced non-linear genre movies that plays for younger audiences. He is more likely to get his due when he makes something in their wheelhouse.
@sammyjankis88

Robin wrote:
Mr. Caine wrote:Lol,not a chance.It will be lucky to get at least one win from it's 3-4 techinal nominations.
Indeed. I do expect 2-3 tech noms, but I will be very pleased with more. People banking on a third batman movie sweeping the academy is setting themselves up for major disappointment. And they don't hate Nolan, he just makes fast-paced non-linear genre movies that plays for younger audiences. He is more likely to get his due when he makes something in their wheelhouse.
Yeah, they don't hate Nolan, I guess. They definitely don't like Oldman, though.

SilverHeart wrote:
Robin wrote:
Yeah, they don't hate Nolan, I guess. They definitely don't like Oldman, though.
Hahaha, how many times has he been snubbed again?
I was almost certain he'd get it for Tinker Tailor.

07202012 wrote:
Asanty wrote:
Wally won for Inception.
Yep, and that is way they won't give him another one, at least so soon.

The Dark Knight Rises for Best Picture and Best Director, I'm calling it right now.