TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
How didn't you understand? It's simple.
1. Avengers will not have a $200m opening - if that's what you're saying.

2. Of course Avengers will get to $200m before Rises. It has over two months on it.

3. There are at least $533m+ worth of people who were left waiting for the ending to the trilogy back in 2008. It's probably safe to assume a good percentage of them will come back for Rises. So, despite its themes, it has a large built in audience.

4. I'm still not sure if points one and two address your unclear statement.

It's worth noting (as I already have to some of you) that Avengers is in full-swing marketing mode, tv spots nonstop, ads everywhere, media stuff nonstop, it's crazy. The Dark Knight Rises still wins the majority of polls for most anticipated summer movie, and think about this- it's barely begun marketing.

More people are more excited for The Dark Knight Rises than Avengers stastically (Fandango's the only poll I've seen with TDKR at number 2, and it's still pretty close), and that's with bad buzz about Anne Hathaway, her costume, Bane's voice, and for some, Bane in general. When new trailers/photos/ads/interviews come out dispelling those fears while putting the film in the splotlight, interest is going to increase exponentially.

-Vader

TeddyBlass wrote:
How didn't you understand? It's simple.
1. Avengers will not have a $200m opening - if that's what you're saying.

2. Of course Avengers will get to $200m before Rises. It has over two months on it.

3. There are at least $533m+ worth of people who were left waiting for the ending to the trilogy back in 2008. It's probably safe to assume a good percentage of them will come back for Rises. So, despite its themes, it has a large built in audience.

4. I'm still not sure if points one and two address your unclear statement.
I am worried about TDKR box office was the point I'm making. Neither will probably make 200 Mil opening weekend, but if one does I think more likely it's Avengers. I think Avengers makes more money than TDKR. You and me, we want to see our hero threatened and have to climb out of a position where we question whether or not he can triumph in the final act of the movie. Does the general audience want that, or do they just want something with a lot of fun that feels safer? Usually they care more about a safe ride than something that feels dangerous, and this is important for watching the movie more than once. Both are going to have huge opening weekends and huge box offices, but which one is gonna cause more people to come back to see again and again in theaters? Probably the one that feels safer overall. The one where there hero is less threatened. We'll see.

How many Marvel fans do you think will come back to see Avengers the next day to make sure Avengers has a bigger opening weekend than TDKR? How many do you think will see it all 3 days of opening weekend just to make of of that? The crazy Marvel fans really hate Nolan, and will go to some pretty silly means to make sure they get their bragging rights since they lost it in 08.

Don't double post.

ComptonTerry wrote:How many Marvel fans do you think will come back to see Avengers the next day to make sure Avengers has a bigger opening weekend than TDKR? How many do you think will see it all 3 days of opening weekend just to make of of that? The crazy Marvel fans really hate Nolan, and will go to some pretty silly means to make sure they get their bragging rights since they lost it in 08.
Come on. Even if The Avengers does gross more than TDKR opening weekend, that won't be the reason why.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:How many Marvel fans do you think will come back to see Avengers the next day to make sure Avengers has a bigger opening weekend than TDKR? How many do you think will see it all 3 days of opening weekend just to make of of that? The crazy Marvel fans really hate Nolan, and will go to some pretty silly means to make sure they get their bragging rights since they lost it in 08.
Come on. Even if The Avengers does gross more than TDKR opening weekend, that won't be the reason why.
Some Marvel fans are pretty blood thirsty for Nolan. Some people really hate that guy.

ComptonTerry wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Some Marvel fans are pretty blood thirsty for Nolan. Some people really hate that guy.
Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

The Dark Knight still after 4 years holds 2nd biggest opening weekend to the final Harry Potter. The sequel is bound to be bigger and I still think there is more anticipation for TDKR than the Avengers.

The Dark Knight Rises will be the biggest opening weekend of all time topping Harry Potter <PERIOD> :judge:

anonymity wrote:The Dark Knight still after 4 years holds 2nd biggest opening weekend to the final Harry Potter. The sequel is bound to be bigger and I still think there is more anticipation for TDKR than the Avengers.

The Dark Knight Rises will be the biggest opening weekend of all time topping Harry Potter <PERIOD> :judge:
I'm with you.