TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
ComptonTerry wrote:
nolannolanchrischris wrote:
Come on. Even if The Avengers does gross more than TDKR opening weekend, that won't be the reason why.
Some Marvel fans are pretty blood thirsty for Nolan. Some people really hate that guy.
I don't disagree with you there, but I think you're severely overestimated how many of those there are and what their impact will be. Far more Marvel fans will be going to The Avengers repeatedly because it's literally their wet dream than because they hate Nolan. Even most of the ones that say they hate the guy (mostly congregating on travesties like CBM.com and IMDb message boards) are probably just filling their afternoons trolling sensitive fans for the fun of it, and I'm certain they'll show up to The Dark Knight Rises.

anonymity wrote:The Dark Knight still after 4 years holds 2nd biggest opening weekend to the final Harry Potter. The sequel is bound to be bigger and I still think there is more anticipation for TDKR than the Avengers.

The Dark Knight Rises will be the biggest opening weekend of all time topping Harry Potter <PERIOD> :judge:
I'm pretty paranoid. Everything is some giant conspiracy to prevent TDKR from being a success.

nolannolanchrischris wrote:
ComptonTerry wrote:
Some Marvel fans are pretty blood thirsty for Nolan. Some people really hate that guy.
I don't disagree with you there, but I think you're severely overestimated how many of those there are and what their impact will be. Far more Marvel fans will be going to The Avengers repeatedly because it's literally their wet dream than because they hate Nolan. Even most of the ones that say they hate the guy (mostly congregating on travesties like CBM.com and IMDb message boards) are probably just filling their afternoons trolling sensitive fans for the fun of it, and I'm certain they'll show up to The Dark Knight Rises.
Just going by track record, it just seems there are a lot of Nolan haters because they are the most vocal. A lot of people just have a don't care attitude to that kind of hate and it seems very one sided as a result. Just take a look at these polls done over at cbm which is a group community with various comic book fans.

What is your opinion of Christopher Nolan?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=46773

Which superhero film will win the box office?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... s/?a=49615

Which movie will win the battle of the critics?
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/ ... he_Critics

How The Dark Knight was critically viewed in the eyes of IMDB users

NolanNolanChrisChris hit it best when he brought up the nature of trolling just for the hell of it. In the end I don't even know what the hell I just posted. Hah none of this made any sense. I just like the guy's movies. :)

This film have more IMDb votes than that from Iron Man 1 & 2, and Thor combined. :lol:

I saw one recently where Avengers was the most anticipated movie for the summer, but most charts I have seen point to TDKR.

I hate that site.

Based4Life wrote:I hate that site.
Their community are really a bunch of assholes.
anonymity wrote:The Dark Knight still after 4 years holds 2nd biggest opening weekend to the final Harry Potter. The sequel is bound to be bigger and I still think there is more anticipation for TDKR than the Avengers.

The Dark Knight Rises will be the biggest opening weekend of all time topping Harry Potter <PERIOD> :judge:
It didn't hold second place until 1 year ago. :eh:

SilverHeart wrote:

It didn't hold second place until 1 year ago. :eh:
I'm aware of that. I just mean in the last 4 years it has only recently been moved to number 2. I didn't word it properly but I think people understand the point I was making.

It has a definite chance of 200 million, but with any film it's going to be a damn tough fight to it.