TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
PowerDump wrote:
didich wrote:
Exactly. Take into account that fans of a franchise/series tend to go during the opening days/week. Maybe a couple or three.

But you really think this will attract other people that aren't fans? Or the it'll have the necessary replay value for most of them to go again?
Exactly, Twilight has never had legs at the box office and either will BD 2
Yes mainly cause the whole male population hates it lol.

Thedarknight628 wrote:
PowerDump wrote:
Exactly, Twilight has never had legs at the box office and either will BD 2
Yes mainly cause the whole male population hates it lol.
And a lot of the female population as well, me included. Btw, I refer to that movie as "Breaking Wind." So BW. Yeah. :problem:

After watching IM3's numbers (not so impressive IMO), I mean success trequel + 3D + post Avenger movie, etc... I still can't stop myself thinking about how much more impressive it would have been TDKR in its opening weekend and beyond without the bad things that happened.

I can bet one of my vital organs that the first weekend it would have surpassed TA or at least the $200 m. :(

natalie wrote:After watching IM3's numbers (not so impressive IMO), I mean success trequel + 3D + post Avenger movie, etc... I still can't stop myself thinking about how much more impressive it would have been TDKR in its opening weekend and beyond without the bad things that happened.

I can bet one of my vital organs that the first weekend it would have surpassed TA or at least the $200 m. :(
it's not about money it's about sending a message. ;) huhehehehhahah aha Image

Baniac wrote:
Thedarknight628 wrote: Yes mainly cause the whole male population hates it lol.
And a lot of the female population as well, me included. Btw, I refer to that movie as "Breaking Wind." So BW. Yeah. :problem:
That's an actual movie.

It's worse than you can possibly imagine.
Crazy Eight wrote:
Allstar wrote: Thoughts on Michael Fassbender?
no ur a assbender

darthnazgul wrote:
Baniac wrote:
That's an actual movie.

It's worse than you can possibly imagine.
lol how did this shit get in tdkr box office thread

Dragon_316ca wrote:The official weekend total for THE DARK KNIGHT RISES: $160,887,295--3rd best all-time.

TDKR's breakdown: Fri. - $75.7M, Sat. $44.9M, Sun. $40.2M
From the Friday's opening, TDKR would have had a 203M opening weekend if it dropped like TDK and a 214M opening weekend if it dropped like The Avengers.

Too bad it dropped 40% from Friday to Saturday.