TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
...What happens if we actually need our money and won't go to see it twice each day during that weekend? :JGLface:

lalyil wrote:...What happens if we actually need our money and won't go to see it twice each day during that weekend? :JGLface:
Then you have Nolan's permission to die.

Dream-Xtractor wrote:
lalyil wrote:...What happens if we actually need our money and won't go to see it twice each day during that weekend? :JGLface:
Then you have Nolan's permission to die.
I'm pretty sure he'll be ok with me ;)

steveportee wrote:If TDKR isn't the highest grossing movie of all time, I will kill myself.
I'm going for 3rd. That $2 billion mark is hard to break unless your name rhymes with Schmames Phlameron.

Heres my plan of attack: See it at midnight on opening day with all my Batman/Nolan friends (only two :( ) stay up all night of Facebook and NF...sleep a little then go with all my bestest buddies to see it

But sit two rows away because they never shut the fuck up
Sigs???

I'll be spending $40 total on my own tickets opening weekend. Two IMAX showings.

-Vader

Allstar wrote:
Holy shit balls.

Opening Weekend:
$160 000 000

The best indicator of how the Dark Knight Rises will open at the box office is the international betting markets. Right now, Intrade.com indicates that the Dark Knight Rises has a 90% chance of opening to at least $175 million and a 60% chance of opening to at least $200 million. According to these betting markets, the Dark Knight Rises is slated to have the biggest opening of any summer blockbuster by a significant margin. Go to http://www.intrade.com/v4/markets/?eventClassId=22 , click on Box Office Returns in the left-hand column, and see for yourself. I'm surprised no one on these forums has been following this.

Cheers.