TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Blue wrote:
BlairCo wrote: Well Done UK!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
I watched this bitch several times, demanded everyone that I know go and see it and spammed my twitter/Facebook with updates. Heck, I even got my mum to go watch it, who cried and she hasn't even seen BB or TDK. I think I account for at least half of that :geek:
Nice nice.

China: http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2012-08/28 ... 356352.htm
The two competing rivals -- DC Comics' Batman conclusion "The Dark Knight Rises," released by Warner Bros. and Marvel Comics' teenage reboot "The Amazing Spider-Man," released by Columbia Pictures – went head to head late Sunday night. Combined, they made about 6 million yuan (US$943,602) at the box office as many theaters offered audiences a joint viewing.

The opening day estimates show they made 62 million yuan (US$9.75 million) – Batman 28 million (US$4.4 million) and Spider-Man 34 million (US$5.35 million), - which are not necessarily bad numbers, but simply somewhat disappointing for many theater managers, China.org.cn learned.

Dragon_316ca wrote:China: http://www.china.org.cn/arts/2012-08/28 ... 356352.htm
The two competing rivals -- DC Comics' Batman conclusion "The Dark Knight Rises," released by Warner Bros. and Marvel Comics' teenage reboot "The Amazing Spider-Man," released by Columbia Pictures – went head to head late Sunday night. Combined, they made about 6 million yuan (US$943,602) at the box office as many theaters offered audiences a joint viewing.

The opening day estimates show they made 62 million yuan (US$9.75 million) – Batman 28 million (US$4.4 million) and Spider-Man 34 million (US$5.35 million), - which are not necessarily bad numbers, but simply somewhat disappointing for many theater managers, China.org.cn learned.
That's still pretty good. Their gap isn't that big.

UltraDangerLord wrote:
That's still pretty good. Their gap isn't that big.
We'll just wait after this weekend for the complete opening numbers now lets see how well it did on Italy!
And by the time you're done reading this, you'll realize that this is just my sig

China does like Spider-Man a lot but the movie was bad, the cream always rises to the top after the initial rush happens.

I wonder right now. Have TDKR a chance to beat TDK, or it is impossible?

poplar wrote:I wonder right now. Have TDKR a chance to beat TDK, or it is impossible?
Domestically, no. But Worldwide, yes, it probably will.
Un lladre es un artista. Fa servir la imaginació per lluirse cuan roba el seu trofeu. Els detectius només analitzen el delicte i ens denuncien. Els detectius son uns simples critics.

830,000 for Monday, hmm, I think 4.5 mil for the next weekend is likely.

didich wrote:
poplar wrote:I wonder right now. Have TDKR a chance to beat TDK, or it is impossible?
Domestically, no. But Worldwide, yes, it probably will.
DKR is easily going to clear 1B and go past the DK's total gross. The WW total right now is 951M, It's going to finish above 440M domestically and is opening this week in both China and Italy. Avengers made 84M and 22M in those 2 countries respectively, I imagine at worst DKR will make half that number - Either way clearing 1B without a problem.

China (Day 2): $4.6 million

Total: $9.1 million