TDKR Box Office

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
I hope it breaks the prediction of $190 million to hit $200 million plus. I was a skeptic of this, but children will still go see this. They love Batman! That's why Lego Batman 2 is the number one selling game right now.
President and Chief Financial Officer of The Official Faora Fan Club Est. 2013

I think it has a very high chance of beating Avengers opening weekend. I'm more confident about that than it beating Avengers total B.O.

ComptonTerry wrote:I think it has a very high chance of beating Avengers opening weekend. I'm more confident about that than it beating Avengers total B.O.
Yeah Batman isn't the best overseas, but maybe this Batman outing will get more attention this time around (maybe a lot of people rented/bought TDK overseas after it was out of theaters.

ComptonTerry wrote:I think it has a very high chance of beating Avengers opening weekend. I'm more confident about that than it beating Avengers total B.O.
I'm most confident about total domestic box office, where Nolan's films have always performed strongest. I'm sure it will do completely respectable numbers worldwide ($1+ billion) but I don't think it has as much of a shot at those records.

If TDKR releases in China, TDKR will no doubt easily get over TDK. Actually rape it. Mean, With Domestic $533 Overseas, $468 pretty sucked for the movie's quality. There's a lot of difference between 2008 Nolan and Batman's reputation to 2012 ones. Even youngsters like who only go to the movies for once or twice a year at least should've heard of The Dark Knight, Inception and Director of those movies. Since Avengers earned near $900 It would be a tough chance to beat it, but with the critical reception and audiences praise spreading the word of mouth, well guess have to see it.

Um, One country (Not like US and China) does not determines the BO but to explain why 08 Nolan 12 Nolan and Batmans are so much different in my country is, what Nolan did was incredible that brought his Batman world totally changed my country (South Korea)'s general thoughts about Batman. Since there's not much comic fan base around here we used to make fun of Batman as a really childish comic because some comedians imitated Batman's mask for laughs. And Forever and Robin completely built that image. So When Batman Begins came out no one cared about out it. TDK, also till the first week. But with its amazing quality it had blown people's minds and did way better than BB. (Yeah, but still wasn't that good.) Thinking even Inception was a rare blockbuster that was created by original script which is an obstruction of big hit but made people rewatch, think and discuss that put Inception over $42 millon (way over TDK), TDK+Inception's Nolan + TDK's fame + Last one of legend trilogy will definitely make a great influence at score not genearlizing from my one.

Britduck wrote:If TDKR releases in China, TDKR will no doubt easily get over TDK. Actually rape it. Mean, With Domestic $533 Overseas, $468 pretty sucked for the movie's quality. There's a lot of difference between 2008 Nolan and Batman's reputation to 2012 ones. Even youngsters like who only go to the movies for once or twice a year at least should've heard of The Dark Knight, Inception and Director of those movies. Since Avengers earned near $900 It would be a tough chance to beat it, but with the critical reception and audiences praise spreading the word of mouth, well guess have to see it.

Um, One country (Not like US and China) does not determines the BO but to explain why 08 Nolan 12 Nolan and Batmans are so much different in my country is, what Nolan did was incredible that brought his Batman world totally changed my country (South Korea)'s general thoughts about Batman. Since there's not much comic fan base around here we used to make fun of Batman as a really childish comic because some comedians imitated Batman's mask for laughs. And Forever and Robin completely built that image. So When Batman Begins came out no one cared about out it. TDK, also till the first week. But with its amazing quality it had blown people's minds and did way better than BB. (Yeah, but still wasn't that good.) Thinking even Inception was a rare blockbuster that was created by original script which is an obstruction of big hit but made people rewatch, think and discuss that put Inception over $42 millon (way over TDK), TDK+Inception's Nolan + TDK's fame + Last one of legend trilogy will definitely make a great influence at score not genearlizing from my one.
but its not releasing in China.

ComptonTerry wrote:
Jonas Agersø wrote:It'll be higher.
It better be. Or else.

Just curious, but what was Box Office Mojo's prediction of The Avengers before it released?