Secrecy Juno Temple Role in The Dark Knight Rises

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
i found her to be somewhat of a refreshing presence to be honest; sure she's in about 3 scenes but it provided an opportunity for Selina to develop her own emotions and character; especially when
she tells selina that the house is now everybody's property. it shows us that Selina is not altogether happy with that situation.

Batfan175 wrote:i found her to be somewhat of a refreshing presence to be honest; sure she's in about 3 scenes but it provided an opportunity for Selina to develop her own emotions and character; especially when
she tells selina that the house is now everybody's property. it shows us that Selina is not altogether happy with that situation.
She needed someone.
Brave New World

Jen/Holly does serve a purpose. She quietly makes Selena's character look bisexual. Selena is living outside society's rules and playing by her own. Is she good or evil? Moral or amoral? Loyal or disloyal? This is a theme with her character. Add gay or straight to the mix.

But what does it have to do with bisexuality? And how does it serve a purpose anyway? I also thought there was some kind of sexual bond between the two girls because of this scene in the house where Jen says "It's anyone's house now" (or something alike), but I don't see how it serves the story in all.

Melack wrote:Why couldn't they just have named her Holly? She was pretty much that character anyway, either way her character seemed quite unnecessary and unresolved. A Holly name as a nod to the fans would have made her character more worth it. Still liked the little we saw of her and her relation to Selina.
I wondered about that. Is it possible WB would have had to pay Frank Miller and David Mazzuchelli (sp?) some extra royalty if Nolan used "Holly Robinson" on film?

"but I don't see how it serves the story in all."

Mostly agree with you here. She doesn't seem to further the plot. She only serves to give Selena/Catwoman some context in terms of who she is as a person, what sort of relationships is she in, who does she surround herself with. It's pretty implied that there is something sexual or romantic going on between the two women, and Selena later is romantically involved with Bruce. Again, this places her character outside of sexual/gender norms and strict definitions, just like she evades strict moral definitions (she lives by her own code and doesn't clearly align herself with "good" or "evil" through most of the film).

It's sort of like how male characters will sometimes have wives and kids at home that do nothing to further the plot at all. (Like the 2nd in command police commissioner guy in this film). This happens all the time but we don't even notice it as an audience because the relationships/situations being shown are the norm. It just gives the audience a glimpse into their life/lets audience infer things about who is the person as a character. (With police guy hiding in his house you think, Oh he's got a family. He's that kind of guy. With Selena you think, Oh, maybe she's got a girlfriend. Will she still go for Bruce? Huh I can't tell if straight or not. Or evil or not. It just adds to her "mystery.") So, Jen/holly isn't even a character so much as a character device for Selena.

Cannot say the character merits much analysis. Even if there is a rights issue over Holly, Jen was avoidable, plenty of characters have descriptions instead of names.

Zoë Kravitz should have played this beloved character.

Shame about Nolan's racism. He should be cancelled immediately.