TDKR General Information

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
LED TV with Quattron technology FTW.

Vader182 wrote:If you have a light controlled environment, plasma provides by far the best picture quality out of the competing set types. Plasma is a cheaper set now, so Best Buy, Sears, etc, do their absolute best that you'd never know it.

-Vader
Yeah but don't plasma TV's also burn images to the screen over time?

I mean, it's gotta be the cheapest for a reason.
If she plays cranium she gives good brainium.

Cilogy wrote:
Vader182 wrote:If you have a light controlled environment, plasma provides by far the best picture quality out of the competing set types. Plasma is a cheaper set now, so Best Buy, Sears, etc, do their absolute best that you'd never know it.

-Vader
Yeah but don't plasma TV's also burn images to the screen over time?

They're terribly un-pragmatic. They're heavier and thicker than LCD/LED's, they're not as energy efficient, the image burn is less and less common but it still happens -sometimes-, and unless you're in a windowless room, you can't really use them during the day if you're an A/V person because of the glare.

Crazy Eight wrote:
Cilogy wrote: Yeah but don't plasma TV's also burn images to the screen over time?

They're terribly un-pragmatic. They're heavier and thicker than LCD/LED's, they're not as energy efficient, the image burn is less and less common but it still happens -sometimes-, and unless you're in a windowless room, you can't really use them during the day if you're an A/V person because of the glare.
Yeah, but at the time of buying my plasma, those issues between the two types of set had closed a lot, and most sets perform -decently- well in a well lit room, though obviously not nearly as good as LCD/LED's do. If picture quality is your main concern though, get a light controlled room and a plasma, there's frankly no comparison.

-Vader

natalie wrote:Saturn Awards, anybody?
Apparently TDKR got at least some nominations :-D

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... ons-422530
:clap:

Would love to see Nolan take home the director award.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Okay, I know it's VERY unlikely that this will actually be real, or what the hell does it suggest about the rumoured extended cut ( :batface: i know) but some German site posted this about the trilogy UCE:

Google translated:
Theatrical Cut (German & U.S. version identical), Uncut , 5 discs, BD (5x), bonus disc, PiP, extras includes in HD (part), special packaging, image formats from The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises alternates between 2.40: 1 and 1.78:1
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme ... u-ray-disc

Smells of...stuff. I'd say not likely.

antovolk wrote:Okay, I know it's VERY unlikely that this will actually be real, or what the hell does it suggest about the rumoured extended cut ( :batface: i know) but some German site posted this about the trilogy UCE:

Google translated:
Theatrical Cut (German & U.S. version identical), Uncut , 5 discs, BD (5x), bonus disc, PiP, extras includes in HD (part), special packaging, image formats from The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises alternates between 2.40: 1 and 1.78:1
http://www.bluray-disc.de/blu-ray-filme ... u-ray-disc

Smells of...stuff. I'd say not likely.
I hope it is true. :tooexcited:
gib sigs