TDKR General Information

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Geoffrey wrote:
Baniac wrote:That whole fight sequence was fabulous, from the choreography, to the lighting, to the sound, to the effective lack of score behind it, the dramatic set with the tons of flowing water, etc.
I don't think the lack of score is good at all. If I had the editing software I would compare it with and without music. If the scene had music, I doubt anyone would ever think "this would be more effective without music. It almost feels pretentious how there's no music or at least how some people heap praise on the lack of music.
what the hell are you on about

the lack of score is a deliberate subversion to what we expect and is absolutely vital in producing the uncomfortable feeling the scene has

wait... why am i arguing with you?

who the fuck is that guy anyway?

Geoffrey wrote:
Baniac wrote:That whole fight sequence was fabulous, from the choreography, to the lighting, to the sound, to the effective lack of score behind it, the dramatic set with the tons of flowing water, etc.
I don't think the lack of score is good at all. If I had the editing software I would compare it with and without music. If the scene had music, I doubt anyone would ever think "this would be more effective without music. It almost feels pretentious how there's no music or at least how some people heap praise on the lack of music.
Made it feel like an indie film. That, and the scene afterward when Bane is with Bruce in the pit. Totally not out of a Hollywood blockbuster flick. And that is awesome.

TDKR is a very weird combination of ingenious ambition and over-the-top silly (or even stupid) moments. I think Bane himself is an incredible invention, the way he looks and sounds is truly memorable. The Batman vs Bane fight scene is really remarkable, the ending is epic with all the truck chase, Batwing action and crowd fight scene - Zimmer's music is also loud and all-out in this part of the film.

The whole movie is like a huge cargo train that runs you over, it's really an epic ride, but not without its less enjoyable, weird and outright bad moments. There are a few things that had ambition but ended up being downplayed, or it's like they couldn't bring some of the elements of the story to full potential. There are some things that felt really unnecessary for me, like the inclusion of Talia Al Ghul as "the real villain". It's a weird film, but I just love to pop it in the Blu-ray player every once in a while, because it just has an epic feeling to it, with all its great and weird moments combined. And I still think that the way recent comic book films look and feel and sound, with all their dullness and laziness, TDKR really stands out.

DHOPW42 wrote:
November 9th, 2018, 7:18 am
There are some things that felt really unnecessary for me, like the inclusion of Talia Al Ghul as "the real villain".
I think its necessity is in how it brings the story arc full circle. Batman Begins began and ended with Ra's al Ghul, good guy mentor turned bad. Talia was good girl love interest turned bad. While Bruce was spoiled brat turned hero. The contrast with Bruce is the importance in Ra's/Talia.

I still love the movie. And watching it in glorious 4K UHD makes it even better.

This movie absolutely need a Director's Cut, with another version of Miranda death and the cut scenes of Bane in the prison.

Collins wrote:
March 26th, 2019, 9:49 pm
This movie absolutely need a Director's Cut, with another version of Miranda death and the cut scenes of Bane in the prison.
The cut scenes of Bane in the prison would be like two shots long, if the novelization is any indication. It's not like a whole scene or anything. Plus, it would have distracted from the focus on Talia at that moment.

And I just made this post in another thread, but if you pretend instead like Talia passed out, it works. What they should have edited in though was after she finishes talking, Selina and Gordon get distrated by Bats tying the bomb to the plane, and Gordon looks back to see that she's out (either passed out or dead, take your pick).

Bloodying her up like the novelization indicated would have been a good idea as well. To be honest, I had no idea that she was dying in that moment the first time I saw her. Could be because Gordon came out okay, or she just didn't look hurt... but again, say that she passed out then and there, and we're good.

As for edits, I would love to see a cut that doesn't show images of Alfred in the cafe in Italy when he's talking about it to Bruce.

This movie is a masterpiece. Even with guys falling down for no reason and all.

Johnny Phony wrote:
April 27th, 2019, 5:07 pm
This movie is a masterpiece. Even with guys falling down for no reason and all.

Suddenly this just came to me, and I decided to make something of it:

What do you think? lol

If so, it's not the first time Zimmer has been inspired by something (obviously we know the Inception one, but I also believe The Ring main theme is inspired by Have You Seen the Ghost of John?).