The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Lukestarkiller90 wrote:
eisentower30 wrote:Can somebody provide a transcript of Bane's full speech atop the Tumbler?
FROM THE NOVELIZATION
Behind you stands a symbol of oppression, Blackgate Prison. Where a thousand men have languished for years. Under the Dent Act, Under the name of this man. [Bane holds up a picture of a handsome young man.] Harvey Dent. Held up to you--and over you--as a shining example of justice and good. But they supplied you a false idol. A straw man to placate you. To stop you from tearing down this corrupt city, and rebuilding it the way it should have been rebuilt, generations ago. Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent. In the words of Gotham's police commissioner, James Gordon. "The truth about Harvey Dent is simple in only one regard--it has been hidden for too long. After his devastating injuries, Harvey's mind recovered no better than his mutilated face. He was a broken, dangerous man, not the crusader that I, James Gordon, have portrayed him to be for the last eight years. Harvey's rage was indiscriminate. Psychopathic. He held my family at gunpoint, then fell to his death in the struggle over my son's life. The Batman did not murder Harvey Dent--he saved my boy. Then Batman took the blame for Harvey's appalling crimes, so that I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the madman who tried to murder my own child. The things we did in Harvey's name brought desperately needed security to our streets. But I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth, and it is time for me to resign." Do you accept this man's resignation? Do you accept the resignation of all the liars? All the corrupt? We take Gotham from the corrupt, the rich. The oppressors of generations who've kept you down with the myth of opportunity. And we give the city to you, the people. Gotham is yours--none shall interfere. Do as you please! But start by storming Blackgate and freeing the oppressed. Step forward, those who would serve. . . "

JMan wrote:
Lukestarkiller90 wrote:
FROM THE NOVELIZATION
Behind you stands a symbol of oppression, Blackgate Prison. Where a thousand men have languished for years. Under the Dent Act, Under the name of this man. [Bane holds up a picture of a handsome young man.] Harvey Dent. Held up to you--and over you--as a shining example of justice and good. But they supplied you a false idol. A straw man to placate you. To stop you from tearing down this corrupt city, and rebuilding it the way it should have been rebuilt, generations ago. Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent. In the words of Gotham's police commissioner, James Gordon. "The truth about Harvey Dent is simple in only one regard--it has been hidden for too long. After his devastating injuries, Harvey's mind recovered no better than his mutilated face. He was a broken, dangerous man, not the crusader that I, James Gordon, have portrayed him to be for the last eight years. Harvey's rage was indiscriminate. Psychopathic. He held my family at gunpoint, then fell to his death in the struggle over my son's life. The Batman did not murder Harvey Dent--he saved my boy. Then Batman took the blame for Harvey's appalling crimes, so that I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the madman who tried to murder my own child. The things we did in Harvey's name brought desperately needed security to our streets. But I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth, and it is time for me to resign." Do you accept this man's resignation? Do you accept the resignation of all the liars? All the corrupt? We take Gotham from the corrupt, the rich. The oppressors of generations who've kept you down with the myth of opportunity. And we give the city to you, the people. Gotham is yours--none shall interfere. Do as you please! But start by storming Blackgate and freeing the oppressed. Step forward, those who would serve. . . "
Was all of that in the movie? I don't remember quite a few of those lines.

you mean Batman says that in the novel
"They know,they just don't care"

There's a lot of extra dialogue and a bit cut out from the scene were is on the Plane. one, bane says" We are nothing, we are the dirt beneath your feet and no one cared who i was until i put on the mask.
Two the cia agent says well congratulations, so what's the next part of your plan
and after pavel says i know nothing there is a bit of extra dialogue
i found this out by reading the sample on kindle

Hustler wrote:
JMan wrote:
FROM THE NOVELIZATION
Was all of that in the movie? I don't remember quite a few of those lines.
Bolded was not in the film, I tihnk. Might have been cut for time reasons, but it flows much better here than in the film. I always thought it was weird Gordon started off his speech like that.

FROM THE MOVIE
Bane: [holds up a picture of Harvey Dent] I present to you as the shining example of justice.

John Blake: [to Gordon, at Blake's apartment] We're just going to keep moving you until we can get you in front of a camera.

Bane: You have been supplied with a false idol to stop you from tearing down this corrupt city. Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent from the words of Gotham's police commissioner, James Gordon. 'The Batman didn't murder Harvey Dent, he saved my boy then took the blame for Harvey's appalling crime so that I could, to my shame, build a lie around this fallen idol. I praised the mad man who tried to murder my own child but I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth and it is time for me to resign. And do you accept this man's resignation? Do you accept the resignation of all these liars? Of all the corrupt?

John Blake: Those men locked up for eight years in Blackgate, and denied parole under the Dent Act, based on a lie?

Jim Gordon: Gotham needed a hero...

John Blake: It needs it now more than ever. You betrayed everything you stood for.

TBO1812 wrote:you mean Batman says that in the novel
"They know,they just don't care"
Yes, Batman says that.

Does Gordon and Blake say those lines in the novel?

TBO1812 wrote:Does Gordon and Blake say those lines in the novel?
Dude! You have got to get yourself a copy of the novelization! :thumbup:

FROM THE NOVEL
Blake: [to Gordon, at Blake's apartment] We're gonna keep moving you 'till we can get you in front of a camera.

Blake: Those men, locked up for eight years in Blackgate, denied parole under the Dent Act. Suspects held indefinitely with out a trial. Based on a lie.

Gordon: A lie to keep a city from burning to the ground. Gotham needed a hero, someone to believe in.

Blake: Not as much as it does now. But you betrayed everything you stood for.

Does Gordon or Blake say anything else after Blake says "Not as much as it does now. But you betrayed everything you stood for" in the novel?
Do these lines happen in the novel?
" No guns" Said by Batman
"What's the fun in that" Said by Catwoman