The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
ryan4butler wrote:
JMan wrote:
She's only called "Ms. Kyle" when Blake interrogates her in the book.
Yeah, selina kyle.
Right. Blake calls her "Ms. Kyle" and the author uses "Selina."

Does Batman say this line "They know, they just don't care"

JMan wrote:In the film, Selina is never called Catwoman.
In the book, she is frequently called Catwoman.
Selina is not called Catwoman out loud in the movie, she is called "The Cat" nevertheless in the beginning when Bruce makes the research on her, on the newspaper I think.

I think Dagett says something about her being the Cat too but I'm not sure about that one :think:

No one answered my question?
Does Batman say in the novel" They know, they just don't care"

Can somebody provide a transcript of Bane's full speech atop the Tumbler?

TBO1812 wrote:No one answered my question?
What scene is this line from?

JMan wrote:
TBO1812 wrote:No one answered my question?
When Selina is surrounded by Bane's goons as she escapes Daggett's apartment.

eisentower30 wrote:Can somebody provide a transcript of Bane's full speech atop the Tumbler?
+1

Nicola wrote:
JMan wrote:
When Selina is surrounded by Bane's goons as she escapes Daggett's apartment.
Yes, she says that in the novel.

eisentower30 wrote:Can somebody provide a transcript of Bane's full speech atop the Tumbler?
I have the whole scene here. well his speech.

Bane- Behind you stands a symbol of oppression... Blackgate Prison. Where thousands of men have languished for years. Under the Dent Act. Under the name of this man. Harvey Dent. Held up to-and over you-as a shining example of justice and good... But they supplied you a false idol, A straw man to placate you. To stop you from tearing down this cottupt city... and rebuiding it the way it should have been rebuilt, generations ago. Let me tell you the truth about Harvey Dent In the words of Gotham's police commissioner, James Gordon. "The truth about Harvey Dent is simple in only one regard-it has been hidden too long. After his devastating injuries, Harvey's mind recovered no better than his mutilated face. He was a broken, dangerouse man, not the crusader for justice that I, James Gordon, have portrayed him to be for the last eight years. Harvey's rage was indiscriminate, Psychopathic. He held my family to gunpoint, then fell to his death in struggle over my son's life. Tha Batman did not murder Harvey Dent-he saved my boy. Then Batman took the blame for Harvey's appalling crimes, so that i could, to my shame, build a lie around around this fallen idol. I praised the madman who tried to murder my own child. The things we did in Harvey's name brought desperately needed security to our streets. But I can no longer live with my lie. It is time to trust the people of Gotham with the truth, and it is time for me to resign."
Do you accept this man's resignation? Do you accept the resignation of all the liars? All the corrupt?

Bane- For an army will be raised... The powerful will be ripped from their decadent nests... And cast into the cold world the rest of us have known annd endured... Courts will be converted... The spoils will be enjoyed... Blood will be shed... But the police willlive, until they are ready to serve true justice... This great city will endure. Gotham will survive.
Brave New World