The Dark Knight Rises: The Official Novelization

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Muezzin, is there any more now?
Sigs???

akv1984 wrote:I haven't read the ones for BB and TDK. Are they any good?
I have the novelization of both BB and TDK.
They pretty much the same as the movie with only very few additional plots.

BB novelization extras:
1. Ra's letters to Talia (in Switzerland).
2. Bruce going to NY doing some detective work on LoS, since he didn't think they would give up just because he blow up the monastery. The lead ended up nowhere, so he return to Gotham. He thought of getting an utility belt here because at one point, he ended up hanging off a ledge with his handbag in his mouth. Or something, my memory is a little foggy.
3. Bruce getting Judge Faden's photo with a woman by pretending to be some random homeless guy.
4. Bruce learning to glide. While creating an alibi for Batman's first appearance. (Bruce Wayne was "officially" out of Gotham the night Batman appeared at the docks.)

TDK novelization extras:
1. Bruce investigated Harvey's past.
2. Joker's first appearance. He gave an old lady 100 dollars.
3. Joker getting away after the party scene.

I'm not sure if there were anything else.

And the final scene in the BB novelization is different from the movie.
At the end of the novelization, Bruce built a sepulture for Henri Ducard in his family cemetery next to Thomas Wayne. The most touching part was when Alfred asked whether he mourned for Ducard as he did his own birth parents, Bruce said "yes".

I'm actually a little sad they didn't shot this scene. Hopefully they would remedy it in TDKR?

fakescorpion wrote:
At the end of the novelization, Bruce built a sepulture for Henri Ducard in his family cemetery next to Thomas Wayne. The most touching part was when Alfred asked whether he mourned for Ducard as he did his own birth parents, Bruce said "yes".

I'm actually a little sad they didn't shot this scene. Hopefully they would remedy it in TDKR?

what??!! Where can i read this..this sounds really good

fakescorpion wrote: BB novelization extras:
1. Ra's letters to Talia (in Switzerland).
2. Bruce going to NY doing some detective work on LoS, since he didn't think they would give up just because he blow up the monastery. The lead ended up nowhere, so he return to Gotham. He thought of getting an utility belt here because at one point, he ended up hanging off a ledge with his handbag in his mouth. Or something, my memory is a little foggy.
3. Bruce getting Judge Faden's photo with a woman by pretending to be some random homeless guy.
4. Bruce learning to glide. While creating an alibi for Batman's first appearance. (Bruce Wayne was "officially" out of Gotham the night Batman appeared at the docks.)

TDK novelization extras:
1. Bruce investigated Harvey's past.
2. Joker's first appearance. He gave an old lady 100 dollars.
3. Joker getting away after the party scene.

I'm not sure if there were anything else.

This sounds pretty epic. I've got to buy me both of them! Thanks for the info., fakescorpion! :thumbup:

its pretty interesting because in the opening it shows how Ra's would pit revolutionaries against other nations, so that they would do his work for him...is this how Bane is used? if Miranda Tate is Talia, does she use that tactic with Bane? He's a revolutionary...she wants Gotham destroyed like her father and Bane's revolutionary fervor makes him a means to an end?

How do we account for Ra's actually being immortal in the novel? Is this what Nolan intended and we just missed this supernatural aspect of the character? Does that mean that we will see supernatural in TDKR?

1. Ra's letters to Talia (in Switzerland). :judge:

mchekhov wrote: How do we account for Ra's actually being immortal in the novel?
The BB novelization was written by Denny O'Neil, the creator and original writer of Ra's in the comics, so he probably decided to add those elements into the book.