TDKR Worldwide Box-office prediction: You chooose.

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.

TDKR Wordwide Box-office

2 billion $
16%
1.8 billion $
5%
1.5 billion $
28%
1.3 billion $
22%
1.2 billion $
11%
1.1 billion $
9%
1 billion $
3%
800-950 million $
4%
700-800 million $
2%
600-700 million $
1%

Total votes: 148

Between 5-8 people will see this movie.

This film has flop written all over it.
"It doesn't matter how you get knocked down in life because that's going to happen. All that matters is you gotta get up."

Inception made it to $825 million without any brand recognition. Add in Batman's fan loyalty and the IMAX factor, and it'll hit 1.25 billion, no problem.

1 Billion the first weekend. Book it.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

Any word on whether this will be released in China?

China's going to be a big factor. I can't remember the reason they didn't send TDK to be screened before.

TDK not being released there might have a factor on if they release it there, too. I mean, several elements from TDK are part of TDKR, not to mention Rachel's death.

Also, China's really picky about political themes in films, which TDKR seems to have a good chunk of in it's plot. The whole Christian Bale bit in China probably won't help, either.

SilverHeart wrote:China's going to be a big factor. I can't remember the reason they didn't send TDK to be screened before.

TDK not being released there might have a factor on if they release it there, too. I mean, several elements from TDK are part of TDKR, not to mention Rachel's death.

Also, China's really picky about political themes in films, which TDKR seems to have a good chunk of in it's plot. The whole Christian Bale bit in China probably won't help, either.
China typically has a limit of about 20 foreign films a year, because they are concerned about their own films' success. Sometimes some of the big blockbusters get left out. But they recently made a deal to expand the number of 3d and IMAX films allowed so maybe TDKR will make the cut. I think TDK had to do with the portrayal of Lau and his "bad" company."

But yeah if TDKR gets released in China, that could add as much as 70 million if not more. Bale did have that incident, but he did also have a major role in the biggest budget Chinese film of all time so I'm sure he has appeal there.

Opening Weekend: 300 Million (Worldwide)
Opening Month: 900 Million (Worlwide)
Final Week: 1 400 000 (Worlwide)

BlairCo wrote:Opening Weekend: 300 Million (Worldwide)
Opening Month: 900 Million (Worlwide)
Final Week: 1 400 000 (Worlwide)
I could see it.
Sigs???

I don't think I know the last time a third film in a series did not make more money than the previous one. Return of the King, Spiderman 3, X Men 3, Transformers DOTM, Toy Tory 3, ROTS....the list goes on. There is very little reason to think why this movie, coming off of a movie as successful as TDK was, would somehow not do better when all those movies I mentioned did (most of which where TERRIBLE)