The Dark Knight Rises Runtime

The 2012 superhero epic about Batman's struggle to overcome the terrorist leader Bane, as well as his own inner demons.
Batman Begins had a runtime of 140 minutes while The Dark Knight had a runtime of 152 minutes. Do you think The Dark Knight Rises would be a shorter film, or a longer film?

I personally want Rises to be a longer film, since the last Batman film has to include as much screentime as possible. Personally, I'd want it to be about 180 - 200 minutes. :thumbup:

What is your prediction? How long would The Dark Knight Rises be?

Filming was scheduled to start in May and concluded in November 2011. The principal photography for The Dark Knight was from April 2007 to some time at the end of that year. So I would expect it to be around the same length as The Dark Knight.

I would absolutely love for it to be 180+ minutes.
"All this 'good vs evil' shit's been played out. It's now time for 'BAD VS. EVIL'

-David Ayer on Suicide Squad.

thenextnolan wrote:I would absolutely love for it to be 180+ minutes.
“The length of a film should be directly related to the endurance of the human bladder.” - Alfred Hitchcock.

As much as I might enjoy 3 hours of Batman (not gonna happen, by the way), I even felt that TDK was about 15 mins too long.

I had to watch the extended cut of Watchmen in two sittings because it's simply too tiring.

180-200 is insane. I think the length of TDK should be good.

It will be as long as it needs to be. :ugeek:

2 hours & 45 minutes

As much as I love TDK, 200 minutes or even 180 minutes is way too long! The 150 mark is perfect.

swishbig wrote:As much as I love TDK, 200 minutes or even 180 minutes is way too long! The 150 mark is perfect.
TDK was 150 minutes. Considering this is the epic conclusion that will end the legend, I'd assume it would be the longest of the trilogy. If I were you, I'd expect something between the lines of 160-180 minutes. No more than 3 hours.

If it's 178 minutes, I will shit my pants in happiness.